Chapter 1: Florence-

Yes, she knew almost everyone at this school already, but she still would like her two closest friends to not leave her hanging on her first day of public school.
Florence Shrine. Almost everyone knew the name. Everyone knew the last name. Her family is wealthy pure bloods, like most of the well known wizard families were. Known for her Dads gambling lifestyle that got his name out, but also got him in trouble a lot of the time. This made him start drinking. Her mom was known for having a lot of family be in important historical events. Polar opposites.
Tradition in the family was to homeschool everyone. They would always end up being the top wizards anyway, who needed school?
Florence couldn't stand it. She was the most social in the family, and she couldn't stand being isolated all the time. Her parents continuous arguing didn't help either. They would get beyond pissed at each other for dumb reasons, and take it out on Florence. After her father took things a little too far, she demanded she return to public school for her 6th year.
The Shrine's, Malfoy's, and Zabini's have been three very close families for centuries. All three got invited to nearly every party in London because of their popularity. They have stuck together for years.
Blaise's mother always treated Florence as one of her own. Draco's mother did too. She had a great bond with them.
Blaise, Draco, and Florence were always around each other because of their families. They grew up together since they were 8. After about a year, they finally took each other in. They have been closer than anyone they knew since. They knew each other inside and out. They always have each other's back and they would simply not know what to do if they didn't have each other. Probably fall apart with everything they go through.
She was close with Astoria and Ivy from previous parties. She also knew Luna well. Their families would always attend the party's they held at her house. She knew many other people, but was not close with them. They didn't compare to how close Draco and Blaise were to her though.
She could've easily made friends on the train ride to Hogwarts, but Draco and Blaise insisted on riding together. They were now 20 minutes late when they finally enter the compartment with 3 other guys behind them.
She was well aware of Theo, Adrian, and Enzo. She was well acquainted with them, but nothing more. For now. She knew that would change this year. Draco and Blaise probably just want to help her make friends easier. She appreciates them so much, even if she could've done that herself.
"I really should've just ditched y'all" Florence laughed.
"We're sorry, Ren. We're sorry" Draco says, holding his hands up in defeat.
She just rolls her eyes in a 'yeah, whatever' way.
'Ren' has been her nickname since their first year.
School without Florence was hard for Draco and Blaise, but they made it work with several owl letters. She knew so much about the school because of stories they told her.
They visited her whenever they could, so now that she's here, they are beyond excited to finally have school with her.
"Always a pleasure, Ren" Enzo says.
Theo scoffs.
She always loved having Adrian and Enzo around. They were funny and made her feel welcomed, even if they did flirt a little bit. But she never understood why Theo was so rude to her. Ever since they met, he has only made rude remarks toward Florence. She didn't really care, but she did want to know what she did to him that made him hate her so much.
Everyone just kind of ignored him and started talking amongst themselves.
"You're gonna love the back to school party" Draco says.
"What makes you think she's gonna be put in slytherin" Theo says.
"Oh cmon Theo, don't be ridiculous. She definitely is" Blaise answers for her.
She just shrug. She knows She probably will, but something makes her think She could be put in any of the houses.
"Ren, you have to try butter beer" Adrian says.
"I've definitely had plenty of butter beer before" she says back.
"No, you don't understand. Hogsmeade butter beer is unmatched" Enzo states.
"Oh my god. You've never been to Hogsmeade" Draco realizes.
"I never thought about that" Blaise laughs.
"You've gotta go with us." Enzo says.
"Oh god. I don't know if that's a good idea" Florence laughs.
"Oh no trust me, it's a great idea" Adrian says. All the boys erupt with laughter.
A lot of the train ride is like that. Everyone asking Her questions, telling her things she needs to know and crazy stories they were apart of. She can tell everyone is having fun joking around and recalling old memories.
She notices how Theo doesn't say much. He's listening, but not participating. She knows he was apart of these stories and wonders why he doesn't chime in. She can tell he wants to.
——————————————-
Felt like no time at all when the train comes to a slow.
They make their way into the castle, still chattering.
"We'll be waiting for you at the Slytherin table" Draco encourages.
Florence was the first to get sorted because of her age.
The hat was placed on her head and she could feel it thinking.
"You have so much potential for all 4. Hmmm, this is tricky. Perhaps the trickiest I've ever had."
She was starting to get worried. She must be placed in Slytherin. Right?
A minute had passed. What was taking so long? Panic was starting to creep up, until finally,
"I can see a bright future no matter what, but I don't know why this certain house is sticking out to me. I'm going to go with it and say... SLYTHERIN"
Finally. She could feel her panic attack start to slow.
She sits between Blaise and Theo.
"You had us worried for a second there" Draco laughs.
"You were worried?" She scoffs back.
"Makes me wonder if you're actually a Slytherin" Theo smirks.
"Wanna find out, Theo" she blurts back.
"From the way y'all both just answered each other, y'all are as Slytherin as it gets" Blaise chuckles.
The boys laughs, and soon enough the feast begins.