♥ Yasu Sakurai ♥

"I'll give you five seconds to apologize."

"Come out, come out, wherever you are~" Victor called to his younger stepbrother. Young Yasu was hiding under the sink in the laundry room. He tried to breathe as quietly as possible. Victor always seemed to win the games that they would play. His new older sister Alissa refused to play with them because she would rather play with dolls instead of her older brother and little stepbrother. 

"I promise I won't hurt you too bad this time." Victor laughed. Yasu clenched his eyes shut at the memory of being shoved down their wooden stairs. Victor always did 'experiments' with Yasu when he won whatever game they were playing. These experiments would normally end with Yasu crying and in pain.

Luckily, Victor was banned from the laundry room after their mother had found the family cat in the washer. Sadly, Yui had to go live at another home after. Yasu had cried at the last true reminder of Japan having to leave him. He could no longer remember how his old home used to look. He could barely picture his mother's face. His father put all of her pictures in the attic because he didn't want to hurt his new wife.

Yasu sucked in a breath as he heard the door to the room he was hiding in jiggle. He clenched his eyes shut and tried not to let the tears escape. He had only been in this new house for eight months, but it felt like an eternity of torture. He prayed that his dad would come home soon from his date night. He never believed Yasu about what Victor did to him.

"Got it. Are you hiding in here again, ばか?" Victor picked up some Japanese purely to torment Yasu. Yasu stifled a sob. He was so scared of what would happen if Victor decided to open that cabinet door. 

Like the devil he is, you think it, Victor does it. Victor creaked the cabinet door open to find his stepbrother curled in the fetal position with his hands over his ears. Victor smiled as wide as he could. He had won the game.

Upstairs, Alissa paused playing with dolls as she heard a muffled scream from downstairs. She shrugged it off however as something Victor was watching. Victor always watched the creepiest things when their mother was out of the house. She once found him decapitating her Barbie while watching some teenager scream and run from a monster of some kind on the television. She promptly burst into tears and ran into her room. She had nightmares for months and now refused to talk to Victor unless Yasu was there. 

Yasu screamed as his big brother pushed his head into the washer. Victor grinned widely at the sound.

"Do you think you'll end up like Yui? I hope you won't be so lucky."

☽☽☽♡☾☾☾

"Excuse me? What did you just say to me?" The ringleader of the bullies asked the dark-haired boy in the center. He puffed up his chest like one of those animals trying to assert his dominance. The four other boys around him started cracking their knuckles and seemed to be itching for a fight. [Y/N] sucked a sharp breath in. She shut her eyes.

[Y/N] had stumbled upon a gang fight with her mother back when she was in elementary school. These six men were beating a young woman to the point where there was blood all over the alleyway. She wasn't even fighting back. She was just screaming and crying for help. [Y/N] froze at the awful sight. Her mother immediately started pulling at the shocked child's hand. [Y/N] started crying, but unfortunately the sound attracted one of the abuser's attention. He looked over at the mother-daughter pair.

Matilda immediately picked up her little girl and ran away from the gruesome sight. [Y/N] watched the entrance to the alleyway over her mom's shoulder. The man who had seen the couple was at the corner out of the alleyway staring at them. The girl gripped her mother even tighter. Matilda was running faster than she had ever ran in her entire life.