everything to me - karen

-request from K1nkforlove

"anything fluffy with karen or mina would melt my heart i love them"

trigger warning: periods (?), depression

word count: 1063

↶*ೃ✧˚. ❃ ↷ ˊ-

Your emotions had been everywhere this past week. You could be crying one second then fuming with anger the next. It was exhausting. Especially for your girlfriend, Karen. Well, so you thought, she would never be mad at you over something like this and deep down you knew that. But you couldn't help the thoughts circling around in your head. You didn't know how she had the patience to be with you. You really tried to be as 'normal' as you could but you just couldn't help it. Before your period there was always a soul crushing depression and sadly you were used to it. So was your girlfriend. Anything slightly emotional could send you into sobs, but Karen was there for you through it all. Her gentle kisses, the cuddles, the encouraging words. Karen was always there.

Your warm body under the duvet. Her arm around your waist and your head on her chest. Everything felt so peaceful. You looked out the window and saw the sun beaming through it, you could hear faint sounds of birds singing. It was everything you could have ever wished for. You looked at Karen's sleeping form, she looked completely different from when you first found her. She was scared and misunderstood, until you became a part of her life. It took time, but it was worth it.

You eventually fall back into a slumber yourself, your body snuggling impossibly closer to your girlfriend. Loving kisses covered your forehead as Karen woke you up a while later, her hands coming up to your cheeks, making you look into her eyes. She pressed a soft, passionate kiss to your lips. "You've got to get up, my love." She mumbled as she caressed your cheek gently. "Why?" You asked, still half asleep, pulling the duvet higher to get warmer. "You've leaked, darling." She whispered, pressing a soft kiss to your nose. Those words woke you up immediately as embarrassment struck through your body. Tears brimmed at your eyes when you saw the red stain on the white sheets. "God, I'm so sorry. I'll clean myself up and then the sheets." You quickly said as you began to get out of bed, but a gentle hand stopped you. Pulling you down on the bed again. "Hey, calm down. It's okay, sweetheart." She pulled you into a hug that you gladly accepted. You let out a breath as she held you. "But I need to-" She cut you off as she lifted your head from her neck gently. "I'll clean the sheets and you can go take a shower." She said softly as she looked into your eyes. You sighed and looked down at your fingers. "Okay, I'm so sorry." You spoke quietly. She placed two fingers under your chin and made you look at her. "You have nothing to apologise for, It's just some sheets. It's okay." She reassured you. You nodded as you sniffled and got out of bed. You weakly walked to your bathroom, closing the door and taking off your clothes. You looked at your sweatpants, they were stained so badly, so was your underwear. You sighed sadly as you sat down in the bath, washing yourself. You felt disgusting, like a burden. She shouldn't have to clean up your mess. The cramps in your abdomen caused you to wince as you closed your eyes, waiting for it to pass. It hurt so badly.

The bathroom door squeaked as Karen walked inside with water and painkillers in her hands. She looked at you sadly. She just wanted to erase the pain you were feeling. She gave you the water and the painkillers as you thanked her. You swallowed the pills with water and gave the glass back to her and she placed it on the counter. She took off her clothes and slipped into the bath behind you. Her hands rubbing your sides and massaging your stomach. You let out a sigh of relief as the pain eased a little. She kissed your neck and your back before she placed her chin on your shoulder. "How are you feeling, baby?" She whispered sympathetically as she continued to massage your stomach. "Not too well but a little bit better." You answered her, closing your eyes and gripping her hands as a cramp overtook your body. "How are you feeling up here?" She asked, poking your head gently. "Not too well." You said truthfully, letting your head fall on her chest in relief that she knew. Because she did, she knew how your thoughts were always filled with bad things, horrible thoughts about yourself. But they were almost completely gone in this moment.

She continued to run her hands around your body as she whispered encouraging words whenever a cramp arose. "Let's get you back to bed." She spoke after a while of comforting silence. You nodded and you both stood up. She wrapped a clean towel around you and handed you a tampon and some new, cozy clothes. She walked back into the bedroom as you fixed yourself up a little.

After getting changed you walked back into the bedroom and hopped under the new, warm sheets. Karen appeared with some snacks and a warm water bottle to help with the pain. Happy tears filled your eyes at the thought of someone caring this much about you. "Hey. No tears, baby." She smiled sadly at you as she sat down next to you. "I'm sorry." You choked out. "You don't need to apologise, sweetheart. What's going on in that beautiful head of yours?" She asked as she put the snacks down on the bedside table. "I just don't know how you can put up with me. I've been such a burden to you." You cried. Karen say down beside you, taking you in her arms, holding you tight. "You are not a burden. I don't want to live a single second without you, you mean everything to me. Okay?" She said seriously as you both rocked side to side as your tears started to dry. "Thank you." You looked at her. "Of course, I'm always here for you, okay?" You nodded and hugged her again. "Now, what do you say we watch a movie?" She smiled. You nodded again and turned around, still in her embrace. She handed you the water bottle and the snacks as she started a movie. You didn't really pay attention to it though, you just appreciated how your life had turned out.