「Part Eight」

|Art by me

「Would you fight the enemy?」

TW// Fighting?

You watched Hunter with lingering eyes. "Why are going on the ship again?" You asked tiredly. You were in the ships headquarters, sitting on a stool in the corner.

"A human that has been a thorn in the emperor's side is here seeking the Selkidomus. The same thing the Emperor asked us to do." Hunter answered chuckling. "So I thought maybe...the human can do it for us. And we can take the credit in exchange for her to have her freedom."

You sighed, looking away. "Okay."

He turned his head to look at you. "Are you alright, Y/n? You've been out of it." Hunter asked you. 

You frowned. "I'm fi-"

The door opens and a small rat comes rolling inside. "Waaah!" He squealed. 

You realized, King! You started to grin and paused. Wait...what is King doing here? Is Eda here too?

Hunter rushed over to you and covered your mouth. Why he did that, you don't know. You were wearing your mask and him covering the mouth part of your mask wouldn't do anything.

He put a finger over the part of the mask where his mouth would be. 

You glared at him. King stopped rolling and pushed at the door. "King want a cracker!" He snapped. 

He turned and saw you and Hunter's snacks on the desk and lit up. "Ooooh~ heh heh..." King ran up to the desk, climbing on top.

 He reached in the box of Kraken Crisps and took one out before shoving it in his mouth.

You realized he stepped on the envelope that gave away that this ship belongs to the Emperor's Coven!

You shook Hunter's arm and pointed. He seemed to notice too, and tensed.

"Huh?" King said looking down and seeing the envelope. He picked it up gingerly and studied it.

He squinted confused. King noticed the stamp that sealed the envelope shut. "Is that the Emperor's sigil?" He asked in disbelief. 

King raised the light of the lantern, looking around. All around the ship, there were sigils that belonged to the emperor. "This ship belongs to the emperor?!" 

He stared at one of the sigils behind him. "Oh boy, I gotta tell Luz."

Luz?  You thought. Who's Luz?

You realized Hunter was no longer next to you. He stepped up behind King and said, "Unfortunately, you won't have a chance." 

King whirled around and saw the Golden Guard.

"WAGH-" King squealed as Hunter swung a blanket over him.

There was a shake on the ship and you looked at Hunter. "What was that?"

Hunter finished putting King in a cage and looked out the window. "Just the Selkidomus. They'll handle it." He said simply.

He put the blanket over the cage and King stopped struggling, falling asleep. You frowned at him. "Why are you so determined not to make us help or kill the Selkidomus ourselves?" You asked. 

He looked at you. "Huh?"

"The emperor asked us to do this and you're making others do it for us."

He tensed. "W-Well because you seem really...sick, or just out of it today. I don't know if you just didn't get enough sleep or what, but I feel like you could use a break today. I feel like...fighting the Selkidomus would make you more stressed or tired or something...so..." He turned away. "Yeah..."

You paused and your irritation faded away. "Oh." You felt your cheeks darken behind your mask. "Sorry... I guess you could say I have been out of it." You said quietly.

He looked at you. "Do you want to talk about it?"

You looked at him frowning. No, because you'll probably turn me in. "Ah, no. I'll tell you when I'm ready. Is that alright?" 

Hunter smiled behind his gold mask. "Yeah. It's alright."

You both heard a loud snap and he looked out the window again. "The Selkidomus broke free." He informed.

You soon heard, "The money! We're being robbed!" from a girl. 

Hunter ran to your side of the window. "What?!" 

You squeezed yourself next to him to look out the side and saw a flash of grey hair. Your eyes widen. Eda..?

Hunter pulled back and went to his other window and looked to see what was going on. "The human made an ice float thing! She's going after the thief!"

Hunter look over to the cage and grabbed it. You saw a flash of brown hair pass the window, after the thief. Is that the human?

Hunter rushed over to you grabbing his staff. He hooked an arm around your hip and said, "Do you trust me?"

"No." You said, deadpan.

"Y/n!" He snapped.

You laughed. "Fine, fine! I do."

Hunter nodded. "I'm going to jump in the Boiling Sea."

You gasped. "What?!" You exclaimed about to pull away. 

He held onto your waist tightly, King's cage slightly hitting your thigh. "Hold on!" He demanded. Hunter opened the window, and jumped. 

"WHOA MY TITAN-" You yelled reaching up, hugging his neck, "I'M LITERALLY GOING TO KILL YOU-"

You all landed in the sea and you squeezed your eyes shut, waiting the boiling pain to hit you. 

It never came.

You opened your eyes and saw through your mask, you, Hunter, and King were in an air bubble, swiftly swimming through the sea, on the way to the island when the thief and the human were going.

Why you needed King, you had no idea.

"We're not dead." You said out loud.

Hunter let out a soft laugh. "Didn't I tell you to trust me?"

You rolled your eyes. "Oh, shut up."

Hunter smirked behind his mask, "You're holding onto me pretty tight," He teased.

Your cheeks darken to a darker shade of (s/c). "SHut up!" You snapped.

He laughed slightly and shifted his arm around your waist, securing you. You smirked. "You're holding onto me pretty tightly too." You said.

He looked at you. "I will not hesitate to drop you in the Boiling Sea." He said. 

You unconsciously hugged him tighter, though you said, "Psssh, you wouldn't."

He hummed in response. 

You saw the island get closer and you heard faintly, "And what are you doing on that ship? You could have gotten killed!"

Hunter raised the water so it made a big fist around your air bubble and you gripped onto him. Hunter if you mess up and kill us, I'll kill you.

Hunter slammed the fist down and you both knelt to the ground. You were a bit shaken. Hunter looked up, gripping the cage that held King. 

"That can still be arranged."