「Part Five」

Would you show those your kindness?

TW// None

"Y/n, are you done?" Hunter asked, opening the door. "I found the mask."

He looked up and when he saw you, his face turned in shock. "What are you doing?" He demanded snatching the staff from your hands.

You looked up startled. "I was just looking at it..." You said furrowing your eyebrows. "Sorry."

He frowned at you before tossing you the grey mask. "Whatever. Just don't touch my things..." He said quietly, holding the staff protectively.

You caught the mask and looked at the staff. "What's that staff?" You asked.

He looked at you for a long moment. "It's my staff. I became the Golden Guard and it was passed down to me..." He said facing away from you.

"Oh. I promise I touch it!" You got up.

He glanced back at you. "Whatever." He said irritated.

"You didn't even get dressed!" he realized seeing you in old clothes. You looked down and seemed to realize too. "I- Oooh! Yeah! I forgot..."

He frowned at you, "I'm gonna wait outside the door. Get dressed this time." He snapped.

You smiled and when he left you slip on the uniform before clicking the cloak on your shoulders.

You opened the door, "Ta daa~" You sang. You did multiple poses. "SO? How do I look? Hot, right?"

He narrowed your eyes. "Disgusting. But it should work for now." He sniffed.

Hunter smirked when he saw you pout and cross your arms. "Rude," You said back, furrowing a brow.

"Thank you," He said cooly walking past you, swiping up your mask on from the floor. "Put this on so I won't have to see your disgusting face."

"Why are you being so mean?" You frowned, taking it. You put it over your head and you tense when Hunter reached over.

Is he trying to hug me? You thought when his hands went over your shoulders. You felt him pull the hood up.

He brought back his arms before placing his hands on his hips. "Much better."

You let out a breath. Dumbass, Y/n! dumbass, why would he hug you?

"What?" He asked frowning at you.

You turned your head the other way. "Nothin'." You said simply.

"Why are you standing so tense?"

"I'm not."

He smirked. "Did you think I was going to hug you or something?"

You crossed your arms. "No!" You said quickly. "No, I didn't."

"Why would I hug you?" He laughed. "You're repulsive," He teased harshly.

You balled your fists, heat rising to your face from embarrassment. "I don't know..." You muttered.

"Ah," He said getting bored. "I was just teasing. Anyway, I'm going to show you around the castle."

You perked up. "Really?"

He raised an eyebrow. "Sure, I guess."

You followed him out the room and asked different questions. "Did I have a staff before? If I didn't, when will I get one?"

"You're not gonna get a staff until you prove yourself worthy," Hunter said, thinking quick. "After what happened, ya know?"

You frowned, disappointed. "Yeah...Yeah, I guess that makes sense." You caught up with him. "Did I have one before?"

"Uh...No?" He said though it was more of a question.

You looked at him confused. "No?"

"No." He said more firmly. "You were about to...uh, get one until you let that criminal go." He made up.

You thought for a minute. "Who did I let go?" You asked. "Maybe I can try and capture them again!"

Hunter ears perked up. He looked at you, tilting his head to the side. The emperor does need a certain witch in custody... He continued walking quietly. And it would be interesting to...make Y/n try and capture said witch...considering...how close they were...

Hunter tilted his head to look at you again. But it could be a dangerous way to triggering their memories. But...on the other hand...

"Hunter?" You asked, confused.

He smiled, trying to play it out. "I don't know, Y/n, they were pretty slippery for you to catch period..." He said lightly.

You open your mouth. "I can try harder, I swear!"

He smirked looking at you. "Oh, well..." He said quietly. "What's the harm telling you?"

Hunter let out a faux sigh. "Well...Do you remember anyone named...Eda the Owl Lady?"