Too Late

Y/n POV

So I've had a little crush on Lizzie for quite a while now. And by 'a little crush', I mean I'm in love with her. And by 'quite a while', I mean a few years. As much as I wanted to tell her how I feel, I never had the courage to. And I thought I was being extremely subtle about being in love with Lizzie, but apparently not. Most of the cast seems to know and thank God they didn't tell Lizzie. Not only the cast, but also fans seem to ship us as well. I've only noticed a few days ago that there's video edits of both of us being couple-y on the internet.

"Mate, you've got to tell her soon." Hemsworth said to me, putting his arm around my shoulder. "I want to but I don't want to risk our friendship." He sighs. "Well you've got to tell her before it's too late, what if she likes you too?" I sigh. "Fine, I'll tell her tonight. At the dinner" He raises his eyebrows at me. "I promise." He smiles and pats my back. "Good luck."

If you're wondering what 'The dinner' is, the Marvel cast is having dinner tonight. I'm sitting down on my seat extremely nervous, contemplating wether I should confess or not. "You promised." Hemsworth whispered over to me. I look at him. "Didn't I say soon? Not tonight?" He raises his eyebrows at me. "She brought what she called a 'friend', What if the 'friend' isn't actually a friend?" I whisper-shouted, Hemsworth's eyebrows still raised. I sigh. "Fine." I clear my throat, readying my voice. "Uh Lizzie? Can I talk to you for a sec?" I say, my voice slightly shaking. "Yeah sure." We stand up and go out the restaurant. As I stand up, the cast looks at us, knowing what's about to happen. Some mouth "Good luck", some give me thumbs up.

"So what'd you wanna talk about?" Lizzie asks. "Um." I clear my throat. "I've been wanting to say this for a long time." She raises her eyebrows, wanting me to continue.
Just as I'm about to say it, Lizzie's phone rings. "Oh, just a sec." She says. She's talking to someone on the phone, looking around. I'm not really paying attention to what she's saying though. I'm looking at her outfit, a simple black dress with flowers on it. The outfit may seem simple, but she still looks like a goddess.

"Robbie! Over here!" Lizzie says to someone. I snap out of my thoughts and I see a man come over. "Robbie, this is Y/n. Y/n, Robbie. My boyfriend." Lizzie says with a big smile. What? "What?" I say, a surprised look on my face. "He's my boyfriend." I look at her. "Well yeah, I heard you the first time. It's just- Boyfriend?" She nods. "Robbie, but you probably heard it the first time." He puts his hand out. "Yeah." I shake his hand. "Anyways, you were going to tell me something?" I look at her, trying to hide my disappointment. "Yeah no, I forgot." I scratch my head awkwardly. "Okay, we should probably go back then." I shake my head. "No it's okay, you go first. I'll be there soon." They nod, leaving me alone outside.

"What the fuck?" I say to myself, I groan. "I should've known. I should've known." I repeat to myself, tears stinging my eyes. I wipe them as they're about to fall. "Why am I crying, I knew this was going to happen anyways. Stop crying you big baby." I scold myself, feeling stupid that I'm crying. "She's happy, she seems happy. She deserves that. And Robbie seems like a good guy. It's okay, she's happy." I reassure myself.

I walk back inside, trying to compose myself. The cast smiling sadly at me. I sit back down, I hear Hemsworth sigh. "Sorry." I look at him, A sad smile on his face. "No, it's fine. You have nothing to be sorry about." I look back at Robbie, the cast getting to know him. He genuinely does seem like a good guy, that's good. Making jokes and being funny. Lizzie deserves that, a happy relationship. Even if it's not with me.