03 - our cause and effects

•••••

•••••

"Oh, look it's Shawn hunter and Cory Mathew's wanna bees," Miss, Susan, the librarian, parches her glasses and looks up from her normal strategically boring book.

That probably has a abnormal amount of smut, for a forty year old woman to be reading.

Ezra and I smile politely at her, anyways, despite the fact we know her deepest darkest secret. Ezra leans on the desk that circles around her, like a bubble.

"The fact that we have given no regard for you to think that, Miss Susan, suggests you see us that way all on your own. And we thank you for the compliment." Ezra grins, slyly, I twisted my face in disgust as he openly flirts with someone twice his age.  

"She's in the back." She says, ignoring his comment with a deadpan look, unamused and unfazed by his comment.

"Thank you, Miss susan." I say, with a gentle gaze and she nods, before giving Ezra a pointed look.

Her spectacle slide down, and the sensation of knowing her struggle sinks in. Luckily my contacts came in and I get to wear them instead of the glasses that barely fit my face.

"I'm sorry, Mr, Peters. You can't bring that in here." She says, stopping both of us from going any further, glancing down at the sandwich in his hand.

She then points to the sign that says 'NO FOOD OR COLORED DRINKS,' in big bold red letters. I stare at the sign in recognition, tilting my head to the side, with a hum of acknowledgment.  

"I'm not gonna eat it, we just stopped by because Noah, here. Wanted to drop off a book." He lies through his teeth, pointing at me, and I lift my chin back to the librarian, feeling alerted.

My hands stick into the pockets of my black sweatpants with a hesitant look as she looks over at me. I smile, wirily.

"Just go, I don't get paid enough to stop you." She waves a hand, Ezra head flashes over to her with a look of surprise.

"You get paid?!" He asked, and I closed my eyes wondering how he could have made matters worse, before dragging him along with me.

After a while of Ezra getting hyper fixated on everything but the task at hand before we reach where Carter is sitting.

My eyes stay fixated on her, finding everything around her, suddenly boring. My heart does a flip and lands, perfectly, making everything in me burst with a soft excitement.

Ezra, who is a few steps in front of me, beams a bright smile she's not even paying attention to as her head is buried in the Text-book infront of her.