Chapter 1

Emily couldn't get out of her building immediately as the DeLuca's men were standing at every entrance. She was lucky when she got inside the building, and knew very well that she won't be so lucky getting out of the front entrance without gaining their interest. Taking the elevator to her floor, trying to be as calm as possible, Emily got out of the elevator a floor below her apartment. Taking the stairs she peaked at her apartment corridor; saw a heavily muscled man standing front of her rented apartment door.

"Check the rooms correctly. Try to see anything that could be a help to keep track of her" Emily heard the voices coming out of her apartment.

"And do take the picture of her and the child's. We can recognize them easily from next time." her breath caught in her throat. How did they know who she was? Now she was worried and wanted the baby to be safe from everyone.

Getting down the stairs, she hid behind the emergency exit door. She was thinking hard as how did they even find out where she lived. Emily had abandoned her pent house to avoid DeLuca's men, since being found out at her pent house was too easy. Emily was staying at a three bedroom duplex apartment in Manhattan; she did her office work from home.

Emily never met her best friend Sarah's abusive psycho boyfriend. She very well knew that it was not easy to trace her, as she always covered her tracks. She had changed her number, home address and even she had bought new car. 'How did they find with who the baby was?' she thought. Her mind was racing with different thoughts. She was shaking in fear as this was the first close encounter. Since the day her friend was in deep trouble of being pregnant with wrong guy, Emily had shut her life from others so she could concentrate on Sarah's life and the new life coming into this world.

Wishing the people won't catch her and the baby she sat down a step below the staircase so they even wouldn't get a glimpse of her shadow through the tiny gap between the door and the floor. Her breathing was fast; her heart rate was accelerating to an excessive limit. She had to keep the baby safe from his father. She had to flee from this city and she knew it. But she had no idea as where she could go into hiding.

She heard the footsteps through the door nearing her. She was just praying that the baby would not cry as she knew once caught under their clutches she won't be able to escape, since hers as well as child's identity was disclosed. The hallway was silent after ten minutes. She silently checked the area around the stairs through the glass of the door, once confirmed there was no one around; Emily slowly came out of her hiding and sighed in relief. The baby was still sleeping. She felt sad that her baby had to go into hiding with no chance of normal childhood.

She slowly opened her apartment door and was shocked to see the condition of her apartment. All the things were throw around. The couch was torn, the table was broken, the TV screen was broken as well as her music systems, the paintings on the wall were damaged, her home looked mess. Few pictures from the wall were missing. A tear rolled down her cheek thinking how her peaceful life was jeopardized by one wrong decision made in the past.

She went upstairs there was more damage than from downstairs. Her bed feathers covered her room; her clothes were thrown out of the closet. She had a small safe in her room and was wishing it wasn't discovered yet. For her relief it wasn't touched. She placed the baby in the cradle not waking him. She took out a bag out of her closet and started packing few essentials which would be enough for a few days until it was safe to go out and shop few other things. She packed her valuables and some cash out of her safe. All her important documents and both of their passports were in bank which she intended to take it before fleeing from Manhattan.

She packed her traveler bag pack with baby essentials and few clothes for herself and baby along with other accessories. She wrote down few important numbers and made a final call to her friend Chris to inform she was leaving the place for few days.