12. la bella angele

Start from the beginning

       "To think I wanted to be part of this family," I sighed as I pressed the button with the number twelve on it and rest my head on the metallic wall.

The coldness of the metal wall soothed my aching head. I had spent the last few weeks with headaches that often left me nauseous. All the stress that Dante had caused me was finally catching up.

       The elevator doors opened and the receptionist from earlier was no where in sight. I stepped out of the elevator, my heels clicking against the shiny marble floor. I walked toward the regular elevators which were on the other side of the floor.

       "Always so extravagant," I said to myself as I looked around at the fancy decor.

       "I am so sorry, Ms Moretti," the receptionist looked out of breathe as she stepped out of the staircase next to the elevators. "The elevators were packed so I had to use the stairs."

       I gave her a sympathetic smile. "Go take a break, I know my way around the building."

       "B-But I told Mr Villanueva I'd escort you to the studio," she replied.

       "Don't worry, I will make sure he knows you did," I gave her a wink and she returned a grateful smile as she plopped onto the nearby stool.

"Thank you," she sighed as she let her feet rest from the heels.

"I'll see you later," I said as I turned on my heel and walked in the direction of the studio.

Before I ran away from Dante, I used to work as a model for his firm. That was how we first met. I knew each of his LA Modeling Management establishments like the back of my palm.

       I stepped into the designated studio for Mr Pietra was waiting for me. He was a famous for his perfumery business—L'essence céleste.

He was a short man with blonde hair that was beginning to turn gray. He wore a neatly trimmed mustache which was evidently dyed. His eyes lit up as I walked in.

"Samantha Moretti," he said as he walked over to engulf me in his arms. I patted his back lightly before we pulled away. He looked me up and down and I tried my best not to squirm from his gaze. "Beautiful as always."

"Hello Mr Pietra," I replied formally as I extended my hand for a simple handshake.

Instead he tugged it closer to him and placed a kiss on the back of my hand. A small, flirtatious smirk creeped onto his lips. He stroked the placed he had kissed with his thumb.

"I knew I needed someone special to represent my heavenly essence," he said. "Who better than la bella angele (the beautiful angel)?"

"Thank you," I chuckled nervously.

       "This glow you have it's just radiating, like a gorgeous goddess," he slowly tucked back my short hair and traced my cheek. "Such a—"

"I believe you have flattered me enough," I removed his hand from my face and placed a good enough distance between us. "My fiancé would like that we finish this photoshoot by today."

Jeffry Pietra seemed to remember that I was Dante's woman and cleared his throat before nodding.

"Of course, my apologies," he replied. "I will let you get your hair and makeup done."

"Thank you," I said and walked toward the company's cosmetology team.

I smirked triumphantly. One of the perks that came with being associated with the Villanuevas, specifically Dante was that no one ever dared question you. Being Dante's woman was like a man-repellent, which in that moment was perfect.

       I watched as the cosmetology team worked their magic. They did not go all out on the makeup and left it simple. They curled my brown locks into loose curls and faintly added a bit of glitter spray. The mirror reflected an image of myself I had not seen in a long while.

       La bella angele was back.

Author's Note Hello my lovelies! I know it's been two full weeks since my last update, but I am happy to say I am doing a lot better

Author's Note
Hello my lovelies! I know it's been two full weeks since my last update, but I am happy to say I am doing a lot better. I am trying a lot to stay healthy, workout, give myself some time to rest and meditate. Although, I am still trying to find the inspiration to finish Matches, I am back on track with this novel and hope to have it done by the time my fall semester begins. The schedule remains the same so I will be seeing you all on Wednesday with another update. Thank you for being patient my lovelies!
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋