03. family dinners and dilemas

Începe de la început

       "Ms Moretti," I could recognize the voice despite it being slightly muffled by the door.

I rushed toward the double doors and swung them open. An old, petite lady stood on the the other side—Loretta.

"Oh, I am so glad it is you," I said as I hugged the Villanueva's most trusted housekeeper.

Loretta let out a soft chuckle while returning the hug. Her motherly embrace soothed my worries away.

"When I heard that you were back I could not help but come see you as soon as I could," Loretta answered as she stroked my cheek softly. "I would say I am excited my darling, but given the circumstances."

       I knew what she meant by 'circumstances' was me being back in this house of murderous lunatics. After all she was the one that helped me escape the first time.

       "You cannot outrun a Villanueva," I chuckled bitterly.

       Loretta gave me a sympathetic smile. She then looked down at her hands nervously.

       "The young master does love you bambina," Loretta replied. "He truly suffered when you left. I believe you should give him a chance before running away again."

       "I can't do that Loretta," I said as I looked down at my palms. "What Dante did is unforgivable and I cannot be with him."

Loretta gave me a sad smile but nodded understandingly.

"Well, I also came to tell you that dinner is set and they are waiting for you," Loretta replied.

I followed her out the door and down the stairs were Derek was struggling with his cufflinks. I could not  help but look at him amused.

Tomas was standing next to him also trying to hold back a smile.

"Do you need help?" I asked Derek who seemed frustrated.

"How do you even put these dumb little things on," he groaned in defeat.

"Here let me help," I took the cufflinks and with ease clip them onto his white linen cuffs.

"I don't get why we have to dress all fancy every time we have dinner," he whined.

       "We are currently residing with an overly wealthy mafia family," I reminded as I adjusted the cufflinks for his right sleeve. "There you go. You look handsome."

       "What about me?" Dante's voice asked.

       I turned to him with an annoyed eye roll. He had a black linen shirt with the first few buttons left undone and a pair of black pants to match.

       He looks handsome, I thought to myself. Like always.

       "You look alright," I said in a bored tone. He frowned  at my statement and I held back my smug smirk.

        Even though he looked handsome, I was not about to tell him. It would only boost his ego and give him the wrong idea.

"Always so feisty," Dante replied. "But I still love you Bella."

My breathe hitched at his comment. It had been a long time since I have heard him utter those words. Love. If only he meant it.

"We should get going dinner is going to get cold," I said as I walked past him without a single glance back. Derek followed after me.

       We walked into the large dinning room. A large wooden table was at the center with two crystal chandeliers hanging above it.

       I was left frozen mid step as I realized who was seated at the table alongside Alessandra and Caterina.

Author's Note
Hello my lovelies! Happy Monday! I hope you are doing good. Here is chapter 3 of Forbidden Attractions. Who do you guys think is at the table? Let me know in the comments your predictions. Also, I wanted to give shoutout and thank you to Her_Royal_Cuteness  . She has been such an amazing supporter and I just wanted to say thank you. Go check out her books and please give her so much love and support.

Next chapter will be uploaded on Wednesday. Also, the trailer for this book is done and can be found at the beginning or I will leave it down below as well. Thank you all so much for reading. I'll see you Wednesday with another chapter.
Xoxo Liz 💋💋💋

https://youtu.be/94-5pag900s