"How about you save it and and buy my drink later, hm?" He questioned, causing me to sigh and fold the stack of cash, shoving o the side pocket of my joggers. "I'll be an expensive date, okay?" He grinned lopsidedly and gave a thumbs up, causing me to roll my eyes, knowing that he'd be true to his word.

Tom's footsteps were present and directly behind me. "Why the hell didn't you tell me that you were fighting? Or fighting Ben for that matter? I invited you tonight and you didn't even have the courtesy to tell me that you'd already be here?"

I turned to face my brother, who was now belligerently angry. "You didn't ask, Tom. I told you I got a job and that I'd be here tonight. I just didn't make that connection for you. And besides, you wouldn't have exactly supported me coming here."

"Of course I wouldn't, (Y/N)!" Tom's hands were raised as he expressed his disdain for my decision. "This is an all-male MMA club! And you just walked in like you owned the place!" His hand stressfully ran over his face and tugged quickly at his beard. "Not to mention that you've been in the men's locker room this entire time. What would have happened if-"

"Tom!" I interrupted his next refrain. "I'm fine! I got in, got the money, got out. If you ask me, that's a success in my book." I returned, crossing my arms and noticing the way that his eyes seemed to meet anywhere that weren't mine. "And you guys were thankfully here so you could witness The Ben Miller get roundhoused." I shrugged, earning an entertained chuckle from Fish who was elbowed by a blushing Ben.

Tom sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm trying to help you out of this life. But you seem to be desperate to return back to it." I dropped my head, realizing that there was truth to his phrase.

It was easier to fight for myself than to rely on someone else to protect me.

I trudged towards the bench where Will was still standing. There were footsteps behind mine and I automatically knew that everyone had followed me, not letting me leave their sight after having been out of it for so long.

Will's eyes met mine for a moment, and he took a step forward, almost as if he was also attempting, like Fish and Ben, to embrace me.

Because of our last interaction before I left the country and the traumatizing argument that followed, I wasn't sure if I could handle the close proximity to my ex fiancé, so I planned a different route.

I pretended that I needed to return the cash from my pocket into the backpack and zipped it up, keeping my focus from Will who was staring at me intently. My eyes slowly drifted to the only person that I hadn't acknowledged yet.

In order to keep my distance from Will, I found an escape in Santi.

I walked past Ben and Fish, towards Santi who was leaning against the lockers, not trying to insert himself into the scene that was taking place around him.

His tanned complexion, somewhat darker than I remember, must have been evidence of him working in a hotter, more sunny part of the world. His hair, beneath his blue ball cap that he had been frequently adjusting, sported more silver intertwined amongst his shortened raven curls, and his familiar brown eyes watched me with careful intentions.

His eyes met mine and I gritted my teeth, hopefully not too obviously tense. "Hello, Santiago." I greeted, watching his posture change as his foot that was once perched on the locker now return to the floor. With a still taped hand, I held it out for him to shake civilly.

"(Y/N)."

But then he deviously smiled at me and took my hand.

He immediately pulled me into his chest and I could feel how defined he was against my chest. I locked my jaw, not wanting to ruin the victorious night and the lifted moods of everyone around me with his typical asshole attitude.