Chapter 15: Teito Bank

Start from the beginning

"Just wait for me at the store then." Jodie said and we started running off to the bank.

"Jodie-sensei, is something on your mind?" I asked again.

"I saw him." Jodie replied after a moment of silence. "But it can't be!" she shook her head.

"By he do you mean...Akai-san?" my eyes widened. Hmm she must have seen Scar Akai then.

********

"The line for the ATM is so long." I noted. "Jodie-sensei, I'll be back, I'm going to the restroom." I told her.

"Eh?! Conan-kun?" I saw him outside the restroom. "You guys are at the bank too?"

"Yeah we were -" Conan started before we heard a gunshot.

"What was that?" I gasped.

"It's a bank robbery!" Conan whispered when we peeked behind a wall. We saw armed men dressed in black.

"I have to help Jodie-sensei!" I whispered back, but Conan pulled me back to the restroom and we hid in the stalls.

********

We heard Jodie come into the restroom, and she knocked out one of the robbers in a flash. Conan pocketed the pistol that the robber had.

"As expected of an FBI agent." Conan said.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jodie asked.

"We came with Mitsuhiko to deposit his New Year's money, but we ended up going to the restroom due to Genta's stomach ache." Conan explained.

"Then we heard a loud bang!" Ayumi said.

"And we've been hiding here ever since." Genta said.

"So, how many robbers are there?" Conan asked.

"I believe I saw five when we peeked behind the wall." I told Conan.

"Yeah, and they are all armed." Jodie confirmed.

"So they are after the money?" Conan asked.

"That's right, they ordered the money to be packed in their cases. But it's strange, they sorted out the ones with companions and only allowed the branch chief to pack the money. For some reason they were concerned with the time." Jodie told us.

"Why the time though?" I mused.

"I can handle this no problem!" Jodie declared. "Go for it Jodie!" she told herself.

My eyes widened when I saw the robbers enter so I pulled the detective boys behind the stalls just in time.

**********

"The coast is clear." I nodded to the detective boys. "Now we need to devise a plan to rescue Jodie-sensei."

"We have to beat those punks up!" Genta said.

"But there's five of them!" Ayumi said.

"No, there's four now." Conan motioned to the last robber.

"So we have to lure the robbers in and take them out." I suggested. "But still... why didn't they just take the money and leave?" I wondered.

Afterwards, Conan explained his plan to us.

********

"Here's his phone." I handed Conan a phone I fished from the robber's pocket.

"Hey, it's me." Conan used his voice changer.

"What? You're awake?" a voice replied over the phone.

"My head is spinning, can you come for a sec and help me up?" Conan replied.