"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"I'll buy you a chocolate
frog."

"I'm a vegetarian."

"No you aren't?"

"..."

"No I'm not.."

He waited.

      And begrudgingly she followed his words, glancing down at the map before them.

"Woah."

James nodded in confirmation.

     And as he took a step beside her, his arm barely brushing against her own — he pointed out the secret passage that he had found just years prior, even figuring out the password (for the statue).

petunia wasn't listening.

    But he didn't notice. So, his rambling had continued, his finger tracing the rough parchment as Petunia mindlessly stared at a different part of the map.

     "Is your map.. ever wrong?" Her soft voice barely broke through James's, and as he looked down at her, he was surprised to realize she hadn't been listening. "Like, even by inches... centimeters.. I don't know."

His eyebrows drew together.

"No. why?"

Petunia looked up at him momentarily.

     And as she gently gripped his hand, which was still lingering on the map, she ignored the wave of warmness in her chest, dragging his finger to the opposite side of the map.

James took a moment to release his eyes from her.

      But as he did, looking to where his finger was now placed, his mouth went agape — seeing two familiar names oddly close to one another, not near any classrooms.

Petunia continued to look between James and the map.

      She saw his lips incoherently move. The blonde had seen his eyes grow wider, but then squint — almost as if he wasn't reading it right.

but he was.

     Petunia couldn't tell what he was thinking. His expressions were constantly changing and his free hand had pushed up his glasses — pulling the parchment closer to him.

"James?"

nothing.

"Uhm."

nothing.

She snapped a finger in his face.

almost something.

James folded the parchment, looking at Petunia.

She stared back, awkwardly.

"I owe Peter 5 Galleons!"

Petunia blankly stared at him.

"What does that even mean?"

James rolled his eyes.

     "Never mind that," He ignored her question, looking back at the statue, "Flabberworm — Mischief Managed," He said in a single breath, continuing his previous Petunia-pulling.

Petunia followed him.

But she still asked questions.

"Sirius and Remus?"

     "Yeah, Sirius was practically in love with him since third year," James said dramatically, casting Lumos so they could see in the dark path, "Remus returned those feelings about..." he thought shortly, "About a year and a half ago."

Petunia listened carefully.

"Do they know you know?"

    "They didn't even know that they knew," he almost laughed, causing a small flicker of a smile to appear on Petunia's lips.

"I think they'd be cute."

James smiled at that.

    And almost curiously, Petunia glanced down to her ring, seeing that the familiar colors were replaced by a new one.

a bright glowing pink.

Petunia's smile grew.

      And when James followed her gaze, seeing the flash of color, he looked at her curiously.

"What does it mean?"

"It means love."

___
moon knight is so good. literally so good. i want to get the comics for it but im absolutely struggling to find it.
P.EVANS + J.POTTER