Ch. 14 - Unknown lovers

Oh boy I haven't updated this in a long time haha. Sorry for the wait! I'm surprised by how many reads it has gotten considering this is only just a commission story. Thank you all! - Yu-Ra

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Inks POV:

Here we go again. I haven't been getting much sleep yesterday. How do you say this.. it's like you're tired but then you can't fall asleep due to some certain problems in life.

And that problem is the situation Error and I had yesterday. I spent the entire night with my eyes opened, staring at furniture besides spacing out. But the one I'm the most concerned about is this person called "Reaper".

They had found my number unknowingly, and I figured it was just a scam prank or something. However, they knew about Error and I's situation and told me to meet them at the Cafe nearby at 3:00. Maybe Dream had heard about it and had decided to get a random person to comfort me or something.

But, they seemed really nice, so I had to go.

Fast forward, I arrived at the Cafe 2 minutes late because of me being the slow person I am, I arrived wearing the usual clothes I'd wear cause I was too lazy to care about anything else.

The person had told me that he wore a black hoodie and a skeleton-looking necklace around it. And so, as I opened the door to the cafe, my eyes directly went to the person that had those features.

They looked extremely familiar, but I felt nervous to go and talk to someone I don't know.

Once they glanced at me, they gave me a warm smile and offered me to sit down.

"Hi Ink, over here."

This guy seemed formal, but I'm still confused about what's going on.

"H-hi."

I was quiet the entire time due to my social awkwardness. However, this reaper guy did carry the entire conversation.

"You might be confused right now, but I'm Reaper. And, um.. there is a misunderstanding about you and Error's situation, haha."

"How do you know about this?"

I was genuinely curious, and did I misunderstand something? I might've been.

"Well, when you saw Error with someone with him in his house sitting down and hugging, well.. that's me."

My eyes widened to a question mark, and everything makes sense now. Error knew my number, so he probably gave it to Reaper to talk to me.

"Wait.. so.. you're here because—"

"We're not what you think we are. We're actually pretty good friends."

I thought to myself. I messed up. I definitely did.

"But you guys looked.."

".. Happy. But that is because Error was actually talking to me about you."

There goes another mistake on my list.

"W-wait, but.. what about the matching t-tattoos?.."

He chuckled as he rolled up his sleeve which was black stained with a symbol that Error also had on his arm.

"Oh yeah Error and I are best buds that we even got matching tattoos of our favorite musician."

I stayed silent as I started fidgeting with my fingers.

"Don't tell him about this but, Error told me he liked you. And he just didn't know how to confront so he wanted me to give him advice. And, me, as a good therapist friend, I helped him, y'know? Aha!"

He awkwardly laughed but I started to get comfortable. I did felt myself getting quite anxious though. But, it felt like my mind was getting pieced back together.

"About.. me.."

"Here's a secret. He talks about you all the time."

My face twisted into a shocked but sad expression, and I couldn't believe it. This entire time, I got it all wrong. I was so quick to assume and accuse, and it was all my fault.

".. i.. it's all my fault.."

I looked down as Reaper tried to comfort me. I could see why he was one of the therapist friend that would be with you no matter what.

"Oh, don't be! You knooow.. it's not too late. He didn't hate you after that, just concerned. You can still talk to him."

I looked up and glanced at Reaper, but, What if I just make everything worse again than it has to be?

"B-but I.. don't know h-how to confront anymore.. it's j-just.. what if I make everything worse—"

I squirmed around my seat that showed how anxious I was currently. I was glad that Error doesn't hate me after that, but how do I confront again like that?

"Looook, it doesn't sound as bad as it looks. You just have to find a chance to apologize!"

I nodded, and then I had considered my decisions. I was going to confront to Error; but how?

Reaper and I then had talked for half an hour, and then I went home to think about my confrontation with Error. He gave advice; and he was such a nice person. It made me feel quite better, actually; and now I just need to get this entire situation fixed before I feel empty again.

Starting tomorrow, I am going to confront to him.