Sparks of Fire and Wind

Natsu's heart beat rapidly as he stared at Wendy's face just an inch away from his. Just the sensation of her smooth skin on his was enough to overcome Natsu with a blissful feeling of warmth. He wanted to lay there with Wendy on top of him for as long as possible. He slowly lifted his arms up wishing to embrace the young bluenette. He stopped just short of lifting them off the grass however. Why did he stop? Natsu was never one to hesitate yet he found himself backing down now more than ever. Wendy was the first girl to ever make Natsu feel this way. So then, was this what love was?

Wendy looked deep into Natsu's eyes as her sky blue hair dangled over his face. He looked even more handsome up close, his cheeky features shone through as Wendy marveled in awe.

"They're in love~" Happy giggled flying overhead the dragon slayers.

And that was all it took for Wendy to suddenly become aware of her surroundings again. Her face flushed as pink as Natsu's hair. She quickly jumped off him clasping her hands over her mouth, "S-Sorry!" she stammered bowing a ridiculous number of times. Her eyes darted back and forth around the circle of her guild mates hoping they hadn't noticed her feelings for the fire dragon slayer.

Natsu rose to his feet still remembering the warmth of Wendy's body on his. He wanted to do that with her again, but now he found it difficult just to make eye contact with her. He made his way over to Gray who had just threw off his white coat, bearing his bare torso for the guild to see.

"Hey Gray..." Natsu rubbed his arm up and down. "Can you come to my house later? I have something I need to tell you?"

"I was just about to go on a job..." Gray paused when he saw Natsu start to lower his head. "Sure man, I can take a job some other time."

"Thanks Gray, you're the best!" Natsu gave the Ice Wizard a wide toothed grin before quickly crossing his arms and notching his head up, "I mean whatever."

Gray simply smirked and slapped Natsu on the shoulder, "I'll let you have it this time. Since it's your special day, dragon boy."

Later on Gray kept his promise and arrived in Natsu's house laden with months old food and a bunch of objects Gray couldn't identify nor wanted to. "Yo Natsu, I'm here," Gray called for his messy friend as he pinched his nose to stifle the stench of rotten milk and who knows what else.

After a minute or so going by with no response Gray took it upon himself to trek forward into the wild safari that was Natsu's home. "Ow!" a loud and brash voice came out from under Gray's sneakers. "Watch where you're walking man!"

"Why don't you watch where you're sleeping?!"

"It's my house!" Natsu protested as he flipped up in an instant. He raised his fists ready to go anytime but Gray simply sighed and pulled Natsu's fists down.

"Not now. What was the thing you wanted to tell me."

"Oh right..." Natsu felt his stomach rumble before he let out a laugh, "I forgot."

"Don't play that game with me," Gray glared unamused at Natsu's antics. "I've known you for years. You wouldn't have asked me to come here if it was something so easily forgotten."

Natsu fidgeted in place, curling his fingers, "Alright Gray, you're right." Suddenly Happy woke up rubbing his eyes and yawned.

"Gray's here? What's going on?" Happy looked at the surprisingly timid Natsu and back at the stern looking Gray. "Should I leave?"

Natsu shook his head, "No, it's okay. You should know this too little buddy." Happy tilted his head in confusion but then just nodded, "Aye sir!"

Natsu inhaled even deeper than when he would do an all out fire dragon roar and then he blurted out, "I'm in love with Wendy!"