Ghost with the Most

Start from the beginning

"Um, I actually came with my friends." Mal stated as she turned around in search of her friends. I, on the other hand, didn't want to be here.

"Well, you should invite them. Because the more the merrier!" Queen Belle announced.

"Yeah, I'll go grab them." Mal said as she started to turn around. I, on the other hand, stood in my place, knowing that I needed to talk with Ben. This wasn't exactly what I wanted to happen today, but there's nothing to do now.

"Uh, how about a game of croquet before lunch?" King Adam questioned as he tried to lighten the tension in the air. Mal nodded her head in agreement as she was now stuck bonding with the king and queen of Auradon.

"Game on." Ben stated towards his father as he repeated the words back to his son. I couldn't help but smile at the two's interaction. The atmosphere around me began to change as a sudden cold surrounded me. I took a deep breath to relax as I felt a shiver run through my body.

"Have you played before?" Ben's words broke my focus as I quickly replied back.

"No." "Yes." Mal and I said at the same time as Ben looked at the two of us. Mal grabbed ahold of Ben's hand as they walked a couple of steps away from me. The "couple" were in their own conversation as Ben rested his hand on the witch's shoulder. The prince left Mal as she turned to gather her friends.

"Cassandra.." Ben stated as he kept a small distance between us. The awkward tension grew as neither one of us knew what to say.

"So Royal Advisor?" I questioned. Were those the words I wanted to say? No. But the prince just simply nodded his head before giving me a soft smile.

"I felt like you would be perfect for that position." Ben began to say. "You were the first person to believe in me for the proclamation. You are also part of the Ghost Committee, so you have knowledge of things like this." Ben said as he grabbed ahold of my hand.

"You seemed to think so highly of me." I laughed, causing him to break out in a smile. "But Ben, this is wrong. All of this is wrong." I stated as I pulled my hand away from him. The warmth went away quickly as it came. "The only reason that I'm here is to tell you...." I began to say as a harsh burning feeling came over my body. I gasped as I grabbed a hold of my side, wanting this feeling to be over.

"Cassandra? Are you okay?" Ben said as he scanned my face. "Where's Doug? Or Jane?" Ben quickly stated as he scanned the crowd. I lifted my head slowly as I heard a faint whisper.

"You tell, and you'll go up in flames." The burning sensation slowly faded as I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Forget it." was all I could say towards the prince as I shoved past him. I didn't bother to turn around and face him as I pushed through the snobby brats. "Mal." I said sternly towards the lizard.

"Watch your next words." Mal spat back. I narrowed my eyes at the girl waiting for her next move. "I don't know why my spell isn't fully working on you, but soon enough, it will." Mal said with a smile. I raised my brow at the girl testing to see her bluff. There's no way she knew about my plan. Maybe she's talking about being a literal dead person?? My thoughts shut down once again when I felt the burning sensation. Her green eyes showcased the green flames. Evie pulled Mal away from me, causing her to break her concentration.

"Benny-boo is already worried. You do anything. It's your cover that's blown." I replied through gritted teeth. Before she could say anything, Evie grabbed her friend's hand as they made their way through as I heard the whisper once more. I sat at a table away from the crowd as I watched the core four laugh at the game of croquet.

"Well, you shouldn't be moping around like that." Doug stated as he brought back a glass of lemonade. "I told Ben you weren't feeling good. He's worried about you." He finished saying as he took a drink from his own cup.