Friend or Foe?

3rd POV

Cassandra was by her locker as she was lost in her own mind. She couldn't help but smile at the thought of being friends with Evie. Ever since the two of them talked, they've become closer with each other. Besides, it was a bonus since her new friend was crushing on her old friend. Unknowing to her, the prince was watching from his locker as he worked up the nerve to talk to her. The students around them whispered as they noticed the prince making his way to the mysterious girl. Some questioned if he actually fell in love with Mal while others stated how it was a stunt to make the vk's seem safe to be around. But the only two who knew the truth were Cassandra and Ben.

"Hey Cassandra." Ben said as the girl closed her locker. Ben let out a small breath, seeing as this baby step may turn out good. Cassandra, on the other hand, was cautious. She didn't know if the Enchanted Lake wiped away the love potion.

"Hey, Benny-boo." Cassandra said with a smile as Ben let out a laugh. "Now, what did I do to gain the princes' attention?" She questioned him. Ben stood silent for a bit, wondering if he should come clean about the love potion or if he should continue and hope the vk's are not going to do something drastic to the kingdom. Cassandra waited patiently as Ben stood in silence for a few seconds before answering her.

"Can't I just talk to my friend?" Ben rhetorically asked her. In the end, he will be ruler of Auradon in a couple of days, and the best decision is to protect everyone in the kingdom. Cassandra raised her eyebrow at the boy, noticing that the hue in his eyes was no longer purple.

"How was the date with Mal anyways?" Cassandra questioned. She already knew the answer, but from what Evie told her, everything seemed to be the same between Mal and Ben. To her, she just needed the prince to confirm in any way that the spell is no longer affected.

"The date was good. It was a good idea to go to the Enchanted Lake." Ben stated. Cassandra didn't know if he was hinting that the spell wore off or that he actually had a good time. A battle within her thoughts took place, debating whether to say something to Ben about the spell. Before either one of them can speak, the bell rang, signaling the students to attend the next period. Without saying a word, Cassandra walked away from the prince, not bothering to wait for him to say anything. Once again, Ben let the girl walk away from his life, not knowing if she'll ever forgive him from keeping the secret of the love spell to himself.

Cassandra tried to push the thoughts of Ben out of her mind. She needed to stay focused on helping her family first, and everyone else could soon follow. The girl ignored Audrey and Chad as they stood by his locker talking. She rolled her eyes as she could tell that Chad actually had feelings for the snotty princess. Cassandra shook the thoughts out of her head, knowing that everyone she knew had somebody. Ben and Mal, Evie and Doug, Jane and Carlos, now Audrey and Chad, can be added to the list of couples. She walked into the classroom of Remedial Goodness 101, seeing that Fairy Godmother was already in the room.

"Cassandra, dear, can you help me set this up?" Fairy Godmother questioned as she pointed towards the wires and the monitor.

"What's this about Fairy Godmother?" Cassandra questioned as she placed her bookbag on her desk. Fairy Godmother looked up from her paperwork as she made sure everything was in order for the coronation.

"Oh, Ben, set up a video call so the kids can be in touch with their parents." Fairy Godmother stated. Cassandra nodded her head as she went to set the video call for Evie and the rest of them. As she got to work, she could hear Fairy Godmother mumble to herself about the event that was soon taking place in the kingdom. Cassandra knew that time was running out for her to get the wand to save her family back home. Soon enough, the bell rang for class to begin, and as per usual, the vk's showed up late. Each one of them took a seat waiting for either Cassandra or Fairy Godmother to start the lesson for today. Instead, Cassandra took a seat by the headmistress desk as Fairy Godmother walked over to the vk's. "Children, excuse me. Um, as you know, uh, this Sunday is family day here at Auradon Prep. And because your parents can't be here due to, uh, distance, we've arranged for a special treat." Fairy Godmother announced. The kids all looked at each other, not knowing what to say about the situation. That's when a voice broke out from the television.