It has been so frustrating. Lucky for me I had my first weekend off and I was planning on enjoying it.

Whenever I go into town I see a pub by the name of Silvermoon. It seems everyone in town meets up there and I think it's about time I meet and greet the townsfolk properly.

People do know of me and I had one of the weirdest experiences when I went into the supermarket for the first time.

I was expecting looks of mistrust and suspicion on their faces. At first, I thought yes it's cause I'm black.

But contrary to popular belief. There were many black folks in Silvermoon.

And to be honest. Certain black folks were looking at me strangely.

There is an In-group situation going and they were the majority.

There was a minority of folks that seemed to be friendly enough with me.

However, I realized that we were treated like Outsiders.

After cooking some dinner. I left the extras in the pot as I will be eating them later.

It was a full moon and I decided to take a walk in the woods behind the house.

I'm walking the trail that I've become familiar with. I stop at my favorite tree a huge Oak tree. I sit down and reach for my lighter and the joint I rolled a few minutes ago.

I light and inhale and exhale slowly and repeat.

Not long I start to enjoy the relaxing feeling and I just listen to the sounds of nature.

~~~~~
It's Saturday night and looking at the Silvermoon sign and the parking lot.

There are a lot of bikes and cars meaning a lot of people. My nerves are working and I reach for a cigarette and inhale when I light it.

I exhale the smoke and look through the glass door.

No there are too many people.

I turn to leave but then I see my colleague Jared heading my way and smiling.

"Hey, Nevaeh I saw you stalling from my car. I hope you weren't thinking of leaving now." He says.

I smile weakly, "actually I am." I scratch my head, "I'm not ready there are too many people and I haven't received a warm welcome so I don't know."

He nods, "I get it but how about we go together? I'll introduce you to some folks and show you a good time."

I bite my lip, "I don't know..."

"No strings attached."

I nod, "okay."

He does however walks closer to me and whispers in my ear.

"You'll notice that there is a big group that keeps to themselves. It's weird if you ask me but just ignore them and pretend they're not there. That's what they do with us so whatever."

I frown but nod.

We head inside and I was welcomed by the smell of beer and cigarette smoke.

Everyone looks up and I can see the division. THE GROUP  were all sitting on the right-hand side of the bar and had the most people there.

We were given a look but they looked away and we went to sit on the left-hand side.

We ordered two beers and once it came a took a huge sip.

What in the modern-day segregation shit is going on here?

Looking at everyone. No one seems to bat an eye at this shit. It ain't even a race thing because there are white and black on both sides.

I take another sip and realize my beer is finished, however. The Bartender sees I'm done. He brings another one.

"Thank you..."

"Connor." He says with a beautiful smile.

I turn to Jared to say something but the front door's bell goes off and turn to look.

My heart almost stops at the man who walks in.

He's tall, muscular, with dark brown hair and if I'm not mistaken he has blue or is it grey colored eyes.

He's dressed in dark blue jeans, a leather jacket, and boots. I look at his hands and he had motorcycle gloves on. He must've come on a motorbike then.

From where I'm sitting I feel a commanding aura around him. He has two men one each on both sides of him as he enters the bar.

But then the weirdest thing happens and everyone in the IN-GROUP stands up and starts clapping for him.

From what I hear people are complimenting him. Asking him how was his journey. Some say they are happy he arrived back safely. He was missed.

Few people surrounded him and asked what he needed. When he was done telling them. One of them went to the bar the other left the pub.

He was taken to his seat and was pampered and waited on.

"What the actual fuck?" I whispered.

But it seemed like he heard me and turned to look at me.

He stilled and just stared at me. The guy next to him was shaking him. He ignored him. However, his eyes turned to a deathly glare.

My heart jumped at that and I looked away.

"Nevaeh! Are you ok?"

I felt a hand on mine and pulled my hand away in fright. I looked at the hand and sighed in relief when I saw it belong to Jared.

I shook my head and blushed, "Sorry I was a bit caught up in... whatever that was."

He nodded in understanding, "yeah that was my first reaction as well. You get used to it."

"Who is he?" I asked him.

"Challen Sandalio. He's one of the town's leaders."

One of the town's leaders. He looks about 32 or so. A bit too young for a town leader.

I needed the bathroom and excused myself.

Once I was done and exited the bathroom. I bumped into something hard.

I felt hands grab my upper arms and a feeling of lightheadedness caught me.

"Whoa," I said.

I looked at the white-clothed chest in front of me and looked up and stilled when I saw two grey eyes looking at me.

In the deepest voice, I've ever heard he said, "Finally! We meet My Mate!"

A/N
Hi everyone this is a new story let me know what are your thoughts so far.