CHAPTER 20 - Preaching

Comenzar desde el principio

“I don’t know. Master’s friends?”

    At Lee Jihye’s words, the eyes of the people on the platform became bigger. They looked at us with amazement and awe.
“…Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi’s friends?”

    The boy ran up to us and exclaimed. It was a boy who looked roughly around Lee Jihye’s age.

“Are you really Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi’s friends?”

    I couldn’t lie when I saw the boy’s clear eyes.  At least, if I was an ordinary person.
“He is a good friend.”

    Recently, I didn’t seem to be an ‘ordinary’ person. At least, it was the case here.

    While taking care of the unconscious Jung Heewon, I heard about Chungmuro from the boy. Along with Lee Jihye, this boy was one of Yoo Jonghyuk’s followers.

    Of course, I wasn’t listening properly. The story of psychopath Yoo Jonghyuk’s heroism wasn’t interesting.

    The short summary was something like this.

“Three days ago, Yoo Jonghyuk appeared and saved some of you, including Lee Jihye, from the monsters. Isn’t that the story?”

   The boy frowned at his story be summarized so simply.

    He was surely spellbound by Yoo Jonghyuk.

    Suddenly, a presence with overwhelming force rescued them. It would be strange if they didn’t follow him.

    But the boy didn’t know. The boy survived not because Yoo Jonghyuk was a good guy, but because the boy was luckily with Lee Jihye.

“Now can I ask you a few things I am curious about?”

    Lee Hyunsung started asking politely while I was locked in my thoughts.

“Yes. Just ask.”

“How is the food supply here?”

“That, it is a bit embarrassing to say… some people, including me, are dependent on Jihye. Jihye hunts and asks Yoo Jonghyuk-ssi to cook…”

    It was unknown when he made a checklist but Lee Hyunsung took out his notes and started to write something. He really was a soldier.

“Then how is your drinking water?”

“We give food or coins to the ‘Landlord Alliance’ upstairs in exchange.”

“…Landlord Alliance?”

    I sat straight up. Now the story was becoming interesting. The boy hesitantly opened his mouth.

“They are the landlords in charge of the Chungmuro area. They occupy the upper floors and we call them the Landlord Alliance.”

    Chungmuro’s Landlord Alliance. It was a name that appeared in Ways of Survival.

“What type of people are they?”

“Well, what should I say…”

     In fact, there was no need for me to ask. Perhaps, according to my expectations, one of the ‘10 Evils’ was in Chungmuro right now.

“They are just landlords.”

    This answer was the correct answer in a sense. They were landlords. Building owners who received fixed taxes. At this moment, the quiet Lee Gilyoung opened his mouth.

“Excuse me Hyung.”

“Yes?”

“I want to go to the toilet.”