Vol. 1 Chapter 25: Port City of Olandia

Start from the beginning

Now, it is Sistiene's turn to question me... What should I answer? Let use my hometown in earth I guess.

"My country? It's a sizeable maritime nation and have been in peace for over 80 years, with no war or military conflict with other nation." (Liam)

A fictional world and nation on this dimension.

"That's sounds interesting, your country haven't in a war for 80 years huh." (Sistiene)

"Well yeah." (Liam)

"Hey can I go to your country?." (Sistiene)

"Nah, impossible." (Liam)

Of course not, how do you expect me to send you in earth?

With a pout, sistiene withdraw from asking questions. Another two hours later, we finally completed our preparation and bid farewell to the townsfolk, together with the knights, slaves and illegally captured civilians. We finally departed from the region towards the city of Olandia with a drowning light and then the scenery have been changed into a different one.

In a distance, a row of high rise buildings came in the view.

"Wow! This is the city ?!." (Knight 1)

"Those buildings are tall! Even taller than the towers of cathedral!." (Knight 2)

The other people also let out their admirations on the expanse of so--modern city in the middle of barely hanging pre and post industrial country, or so say 60% medieval civilization.

"That's the krimya, a 65 storey building and the tallest residential structure in the Imperium! And followed by 61 storey building Imperial hotel!....." (Sistiene)

Meanwhile, sistiene is also quite enthusiastic on the scenery here. I felt she returned into her weapon idiot mode or it's different from her idiotic moment? It's not weapon after all, so an architectural type idiot?

Still, I already saw this in satellites and recon preview by Serene, but it's really weird to see a modern city like this in the middle of .... Backwater country like Imperium. The mid rise buildings and skyscrapers that could rivals the modern earth standards is quite a bizzare sight to see.

According to information brokers or gossips here, the dwarves built this city. Also accordingly, they could build much more sophisticated and taller skyscrapers. However, their preferences of building large underground cities hampered or didn't let those plans to be materialized.

"Hey Liam! What you could say about this city?! Isn't it magnificent?." (Sistiene)

"Yeah and surprising." (Liam)

"Do you know, my father said that mother also grew on cities like this! It's awesome right!." (Sistiene)

Are you a country bumpkin? Calm down sistiene.

"Let's get moving, we already been authorized to move out from teleportation zone." (Hero Amelia)

Seems the hero and sage have been here so they aren't that awestruck on this sight.

"Okay?." (Liam)

Then all of us moved out, we are pretty far away. The reason it seems to prevent any illegal intrusions if the teleportation device have been hijacked by malicious elements, with distance away from the city. The guardians of the Olandia should able to handle the threat before reaching the city.

Then in the tool booth like gate or area, several .... Machine guns? Are pointing on our direction and several scattered stubby humans wearing a WW2 era looking uniforms and equipped with oversized guns are walking besides with armored knights armed with swords and shields.