Chaoter 38: I am my Father's Son

Start from the beginning

"Babe, you had no idea what I just said, don't you?" He sounded a little disappointed.

"I'm...sorry." Sallie sighed, placing a hand on her head and running it through her wet hair. "Just...still kinda..."

"You're still in shock. I know." He murmured kindly, rubbing her cheek with a sad smile. "I'll make you feel better tonight. But..." His smile dropped slightly. "What I was saying is that I think it'd be a good idea seeing your dad."

Sallie looked back at Corey in horror.

"But why?" She blurted out, furious. "That fucking man hasn't bothered with me in ages. He didn't even see me in hospital! Why the fuck should I?"

Corey backed away from Sallie, in genuine shock, to hear such acidity in her voice over her father. He blinked, stammered for a reply as he tried to get over her snapping.

"Babe... I think it'll be good for you. I was saying you go there and prove to him what kind of a woman you have become, prove him that you've made your life much better now." He shrugged casually. "Maybe we can go to his for dinner, rub it in Sam's face that you're a bigger, better person. I'll protect you."

Sallie looked away for a moment, shutting her eyes tightly as if in disgust at such an idea.

"I'll think about it." Came the grumpy reply, and Corey wasn't sure if she meant it or not. She stormed towards their hotel room, waiting for Corey to unlock the door.

Corey lay on the bed alone, wearing nothing but his boxer shorts, t-shirt and his socks. Ironically comfortable in the weird, crooked position he found himself in, holding a beer bottle in his hand as he stared numbly at the TV.

He shoved the bottle to his lips, lazily slurping at it as he watched the silly late-night gameshow. He had decided to leave Sallie to cool off for now. Sam's presence seemed to have stained her mood much longer than he had realised. But then again, this was the same woman who made Sallie's life a misery, and just from the small fragments of moments he had with her, he could tell how much of a disgusting, cruel bitch that Sam was.

"Oh babe..." He murmured to himself, taking another swig of his beer, contemplating if he should grab a third one, but he knew it would only make him tipsier, and he doubted that's what Sallie needed.

But to his surprise, he felt foot falls approaching the bedroom, and as expected, Sallie opened the door, her body silhouetted against the light from the hallway against the dark bedroom. Corey wasn't sure if it was the lighting or his eyes, but from the darkness he noticed Sallie wasn't wearing a bra, a nipple protruding from the darkened round globe of her breast, and he came to realise that she was wearing a thin, lace nightdress, the sight of the outfit told him immediately what her intentions were.

And just like that, his lower gut tightened.

"Babe..." He babbled, sitting up straight as a lewd smirk came across his handsome face. "The fuck are you doing?" He asked, flirty.

"I'm sorry for being grumpy before." Sallie replied softly, her small hands wringing together nervously. "I've been in such a stupid place in my head...and Sam didn't help..."

"I know, Sal." Placing his beer bottle on the side, he was about to get off the bed to reach his little girlfriend, but Sallie approached him promptly, getting at the foot of the bed and crawled over his body, so she knelt over him. "Ohh..." He managed to groan. "I like this Sallie,"

"This Little Meep is gonna make you feel better..." She ran her hands over Corey's chest, feeling the soft chest hair again. How she loved the sensation of it bundling up in her palms. "She loves you,"