𝟰. ᴛᴏʀᴛᴜɢᴀ

It was dark outside when they arrived at Tortuga, men were either fighting or shooting guns

It was dark outside when they arrived at Tortuga, men were either fighting or shooting guns. Women wooing or talking to one another.

"All in all, it is indeed a sad life that has never breathed deep the sweet proliferous bouquet that is Tortuga. Savvy?" Jack explained as he led Josephine and Will to an Inn. "What do you think?" He asked them after he took a swig of rum.

Will looked around the place holding back a look of disgust, "It'll linger." He replied. Will kept Josephine close to him not wanting her to get lost.

"A dainty place this is." Josephine sarcastically said, flinching when she heard a gunshot close by, she automatically reached for Will's arm.

"I'll tell you, mate, if every town in the world were like this one, no man would ever feel unwanted." Jack mused, looking ahead to see a pale redhead woman that was wearing a red dress as she marched towards him. "Scarlett!" He exclaimed, walking up to her. Scarlett slapped him, his head whipping towards Josephine and Will.

"Not sure, I deserved that." Jack mentioned, he faced forward to see another woman that was blonde with a green dress standing in front of him,
"Giselle." He said in recognition.

"Who was she?" Giselle asked, jealousy in her tone.

"What?" Jack asked, confused which got him another slap to the face. Josephine pressed her lips together, a giggle slipped past her lips which put a smile to Will's face. He loved the sound of her laugh.

"I may have deserved that." Jack admitted.

*ೃ༄

Jack threw a bucket of water at some man who was sleeping by pigs. The man woke up startled and yelled, "Curse you for breathing, you slack-jawed idiot!" Josephine's nose wrinkled from the smell coming from said man. His voice was familiar to her ears but she couldn't quite understand why.

"Mother's love! Jack! You should know better than to wake a man when he's sleepin'. It's bad luck." The man told him when he recognized the pirate.

"Fortunately, I know how to counter it." Jack quipped. "The man who did the waking buys the man who was sleeping a drink. The man who was sleeping drinks while listening to a proposition from the man who did the waking." He offered, kneeling in front of the man.

"Aye. That'll about do it." The man agreed after some consideration. Will threw another bucket of water at the man once Jack helped him to his feet.
"Blast! I'm already awake!" He shouted.

"That was for the smell." Will reasoned. Josephine nodded as Will exchanged looks with Jack than looked forward. The man pondered before nodding in agreement.

"Mr. Gibbs?" Josephine questioned, stepping closer when she got a clear view of the man. "It's me...Josephine." She added upon seeing the confused look she received from him.

"Miss Smith!" Gibbs gave her smile.

"Let's save the reunion for the morrow. Savvy?" Jack mused, standing in between Josephine and Gibbs.

*ೃ༄

Jack walked forwards with two cups of rum in hands, he stopped besides Will who was leaning against a pillar with Josephine on his left, "Keep a sharp eye." He told him before walking to Gibbs' table.

Men were either fighting each other or drinking rum while women were wooing men. As they waited for Jack and Gibbs, Josephine took notice of how jittery and tense Will was as he eavesdropped on the two pirates. Before she could ask him a voice laughed,

"Hey there." They looked to see an intoxicated thickset woman in front of them looking directly at Will. "What's your name?" She purred, walking closer. Will had an uncomfortable expression on his face as he tried to kindly reject her.

"He's fine, thank you very much." Josephine blurted, jealousy seeping inside of her as she stepped in front of him. That's when a inebriated man decided to cut in and put his hand on Josephine's shoulder causing Will to snap.

"That's enough of that." Will spoke angrily, throwing the man's hand off of Josephine as he stood by her side.

"Meant no harm, mate." The man said with his hands up.

"What's your name?" The woman asked him in a flirty way, moving closer to him.

"Boris." He told her with a grin. They started talking as if Josephine and Will weren't there. They looked at each other with raised brows before going back to leaning against the pillar in silence.

*ೃ༄

When Jack and Gibbs were done talking, Gibbs went to gather a crew while Jack had gotten them rooms but he could only get two so Will and Josephine had to share a room together.

"Dainty." Will muttered in a sarcastic tone as they entered their room. The room wasn't entirely dirty but it wasn't clean either, the bed was small, the windows were covered with muck. Josephine was already in her nightgown when she was kidnapped and Will had discarded his baldric and bandolier.

"I can sleep on the floor." Will suggested, grabbing one of the pillows from the bed. Josephine grabbed the pillow from him and placed it back on the bed.

"Will, no. We'll share the bed." Josephine stated. "There's nothing wrong with sharing a bed unless...it is a problem for you, that is?" She asked, looking at him.

"No!" Will exclaimed which made Josephine reel her head back. "I mean no, it's no problem at all." He said much slower.

"Okay than." Josephine mused, slowly nodding. They both got into bed moving around so they could get comfortable. They laid side by side staring at the ceiling. There was awkward silence til  Josephine broke it, "Will?"

"Hmm?"

"Promise me that whatever happens you won't risk your life."

"Aren't we risking our lives already?"

"No, I mean...don't risk your life for mine."

Will turned his head towards her, "I can't promise that."

"Why not?" Josephine asked, turning to him.

"Because I—" Will cut himself off, cursing at himself for nearly confessing his love for her. "Because if anything happened to you and I could've prevented it...I'd never forgive myself." He decided to say instead which was still the truth. It was silent as they gazed into each other's eyes, relishing their beauty. Feeling nervous, Will glanced away from her and looked to the ceiling.

"Good night, Will." Josephine softly bid, turning around.

"Good night...Josephine." Will whispered, closing his eyes. It wasn't that long when sleep captured them, their hands touching one another as if they had a mind of their own.

*ೃ༄

Author's note: don't forget to vote and comment :)

Bandric is the belt for the sword and bandoiler is the belt for guns.