𝟵. ꜰɪɢʜᴛɪɴɢ ʙᴀᴄᴋ

A freshly cleaned up Josephine leaned on the railing of the ship as she stared at the shining stars in the dark sky

A freshly cleaned up Josephine leaned on the railing of the ship as she stared at the shining stars in the dark sky. Like Elizabeth, she was wearing white tunic and trousers with a red coat and black mules. Hearing footsteps made her turn her head to see Jack approaching her, she gave him a small smile which he returned before looking back at the stars.

A thought popped into her head, "You didn't tell them about the curse." Josephine piped up.

"I noticed neither did you or Elizabeth." Jack pointed out, glancing at her. "For the same I'd presume." He added.

Josephine nodded, "He wouldn't have risked it." She stated, talking about Norrington.

"Could've gotten him drunk." Jack joked, referring to what they did to him on the island. Josephine looked at him with sheepish eyes, "Don't get me wrong, love. I admire a person whose willing to do whatever is necessary." He added, reassuring her.

"You're a smart man, Jack. But I don't entirely trust you nor do I understand you." Josephine told him.

Jack stared at her than walked up to her, "Peas in a pod, darling." He muttered, gesturing between them. Josephine looked up at him than over his shoulder to see Norrington making her glance away with haste. Jack looked to see Norrington making him backup, Norrington closed Jack's compass and tossed it to him. Jack fumbled as he caught it, slipping it into his pocket.

"With me, Sparrow." Norrington mumbled, Jack glanced at Josephine before walking away with Norrington behind him. Josephine went to touch her necklace for comfort only to let out sigh, remembering Barbossa had it.

*ೃ༄

"Sorry but it's for your own safety." Gillette told Josephine and Elizabeth as they thrashed against the hold the guards had on them.

"The commodore, there's something I have to tell him! The pirates, they're cursed! They can't be killed!" Elizabeth shouted. Once they were thrown into the room Josephine started to pace as Elizabeth stared at Gillette.

"Don't worry, miss. He's already informed of that." Gillette told Elizabeth. "A mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story." He mocked before shutting the doors and locking them.

"This is Jack Sparrow's doing!" Elizabeth yelled, hitting the door. She turned around and looked to her sister whom stopped and looked right back at her in thought.

*ೃ༄

As Will Turner was bent over, he stared at the golden Aztec tokens, he could only think of Josephine as his life was on the line. Of how he failed to protect her, how he let her down as she was marooned on island with Elizabeth and Jack. He couldn't even muster up the courage to tell her how much he loved her.