18

Y/N had noticed some changes in the class.

Her classmates' appearance started to be like that of a high school student preparing for the entrance exams. Eyebags settled on their faces, faces becoming paler, and instead of the usual happy and energetic atmosphere, it turned into a gloomy place. Even the-ever passionate Sabnock was no exemption.

Her two best friends, too, are exhausted. Clara's happy energy, which she thought was innate, suddenly disappeared. The expected greetings and passion of Asmodeus for his master- I mean servant...

Azeru, please stop glaring at me.

"There can be only one."

Yes, sir. Of course, sir.

Anyway, his energy went from a raging fire to a smouldering fire. He only smiled at her before settling on his seat.

Seeing how tired and how much they were in pain, Y/N kept wondering about one thing. She waited for a while—she waited for her homeroom teacher because her question may benefit everyone around her. She noticed that they kept training to strengthen themselves, but isn't it...

Her homeroom teacher went in. After greetings, roll call, and saying certain announcements, as her teacher asked if someone had questions regarding the execution cannonball exam, on cue, she asked him a question that she had been wondering about all this time.

"Sir, magic is allowed, right?"

"Ah, yes, it is. It is logically unfair for the others if the basis on student ranking is strength."

The class stared at their teacher as if he had grown another head. The mentioned squinted his eyes, trying to think why Y/N would ask such a question that only requires common sense to figure such a thing out. Everything clicked when he noticed how haggard almost all the students were—except for our dear Y/N, ALL students are very tired.

"Ah... it seemed I forgot to tell you that magic IS allowed on the exam. I apologize for that."

The class panicked as their homeroom teacher suddenly apologized. Thankfully, Elizabeth was able to ease the tension by thanking him. The rest also showed their gratitude as them using most of their time for the sake of training ended. As their training was more than enough, they can now lessen their training period, which will become a way for them to do their usual things. For that, though Kalego is not usually the type to show what he feels, he showed a smile out of relief.

It made Y/N's eyes widen.

It made everyone else's eyes widen.

Even Azeru's eyes widened.

"Master..."

"I know..."

Kalego, who kind of dazed off on how relieved he was because he felt guilty about his students being in a bad state, felt a chill on his spine. He looked around the class and found Y/N glaring at him.

The higher the rank of the receiver of a Transcendant's glare is, the worse it is for them. A perfect example of that is how Kalego sees Y/N right now. He saw how a glint was present in her eyes.

"Sir."

"...Yes?"

He felt nervous, and luckily, he was able to stop himself from stuttering.

"You look... very handsome when you smile. It definitely adds something to your appeal."

"I-"

"I second that," Elizabeth added.

The rest of the class agreed wholeheartedly.

Narrator and Author: We second that.

"Please stop. Please have mercy on the 4th wall."