3

"Y/N-chan, we're here~."

I felt someone nudge me on my arm. I sat up and stretched my arms.

"Did you have a good nap?"

"I did."

"That's good. Children should sleep as much as possible."

He helped me get out of the car, and lo, a big mansion was in front of me.  I admired it and looked at it with widened eyes as I have never seen such a big house before. This is like a rags to riches moment, after all. 

"Do you like it a lot?"

"Yes, I do."

"I'm glad to hear it~ Shall we go inside?"

"Yes, please. What about my baggage?"

"Opera-kun will take care of it. Let's go inside to eat. You still haven't eaten your lunch, right?"

"Well... I haven't eaten anything yet."

The old man, whose glasses covered his anger, looked at his watch to see it was 6 in the evening. He wanted to lash out then and there, but her hunger was now their priority. He snapped his fingers, revealing maids and other butlers who are now lined up in the entrance.

"Good evening, Masters."

"Good evening. Have you prepared for dinner?"

"Yes, master."

"Alright. Also, please prepare her room while she eats with me. Also, please make her some clothes."

Some went out to prepare the table, and my room, while some were still with us, waiting for instructions. Suddenly, a young maid with cat ears got closer to me.

"Of course. Excuse me, young miss. I apologize as what I am about to do is a bit rude."

A maid looked me up and down as if she was already measuring me. I nodded and waited for her to say she was finished. After she was done, me and...

"You may call me Granduncle~."

"...Granduncle, and not grandfather?"

"Yes! Your grandma is my younger sister."

"... Did she say anything about my situation?"

"I... She did, but she never said about the location. That's why I kept searching for you. Coincidentally, a flyer led me to you. You do look like her in her teens.  Unfortunately... I only got her letter months ago... How late am I?"

"You're... never mind that, granduncle. At least I get to meet another relative—a kind one, at that."

"...What a wonderful child. I am sorry for being late."

I saw him wipe his tears before smiling.

"I will definitely spoil you and take care of you."

This was the first time someone had promised me this. Again, I'll open myself up. It might be scary, but I'm willing to do so because the only way to see who really is a good person is by gambling my trust.

"Thank you. It's nice of you to do so."

We were now in the dining room. He helped me sit and said, "No. It is something you deserve, my responsibility as your kin, and it is something that I want to do. Not because you are my sister's granddaughter, but rather, as my grandniece."

---Time skip---

"That was a delicious meal. Thank you for the food. I am a bit embarrassed, though."

"No need to worry. Look at your left side."