New Year's Eve

Albus POV:
I have had the best holiday I have ever had. I love being able to spend a lot of time with the boy I love and even though I am looking forward to going back to school I wish my life could be like this all the time. Tonight is new year's eve and the tomorrow we are back at school. Bathilda is having a party with the neighbours and there are going to be fireworks. It should be fun. Gellert and I have managed to keep our relationship a secret for everyone apart from Bathilda although I suspect Abe has a suspicion that something is going on. He keeps giving me funny looks.
"Hey darling." I say to Gellert as he comes in after getting dressed. I love Gellert's clothes. I might have stolen a few pieces. I just love clothes but have never been able to afford them.and Gellert just keeps giving me stuff.
"Hey leibe." He replies joining me one the bed. I haven't taken off the ring he brought me since I got it and I notice Gellert is always wearing his necklace. Abeforth teased me for wearing jewellery but I don't care.

Later in the day we help Bathilda set up for her party. Technically we are not allowed to use our magic outside of the school but we have been given special permission as long as we are supervised so we just conjure tables and bright decorations as well as building the bonfire. Bathilda spends her time in the kitchen making all the food and then we help bring it out. We have just finished by the time the first guests start arriving. It is tedious having to make small talk with the neighbours I have known all my life. All I hear is how grown up I look and how all the girls must be after me. Somehow Gellert has managed to create some sparklers and is playing with the smaller children. I watch in admiration at the tenderness he has and suddenly I wonder what it would be like to have children.
"Go on and join him" Bathilda says snapping me out of my daydream.
I blush and rush over to Gellert. He turns around holding two sparklers and hands one to me. I take it and pull him away from the crowd. We both run around each other writing messages and drawing hearts. I feel so happy and free.

Bathilda gives us the job of lighting the bonfire which I am not sure is a great idea but it gives us some more privacy which is good. We have timed the fireworks to go off exactly at midnight. The fire creeps up the wood.
"You look even more beautiful in the light of the fire. Your hair is the same colour as it." Gellert says leaning into me and we hear the people counting down.
"10, 9, 8"
I lean into Gellert.
"7, 6, 5"
He puts his fingers in my hair.
"4, 3"
Our faces creep closer.
"2, 1"
We kiss as the fireworks around us explode.