Christmas

Albus POV:
It is the day before we all leave for Christmas. I am going home for Christmas. I have saved my money to buy presents for my family but am worried that my present for Gellert will be overshadowed by the other presents he gets. He has told me he is going to spend Christmas with his great aunt. It was going to be our first time apart and I am dreading it.
"Hey leibe. It is nearly time to leave." Gellert says hugging me from behind.
"So where will you be for Christmas?" I ask realising we haven't actually discussed where we will be.
"Oh some small village. It's named after the Gryffindor founder." He replies.
"Wait. Godric's Hollow?" I say not believing my luck.
"Uh yeah that's it. Have you heard of it?"
"I live there." I laugh.
"Oh my Aunt is Bathilda Bagshot. Do you know her?"
"She is our next door neighbour. Wait you're going to be our next door neighbour for Christmas." I say suddenly realising this might not be a good idea. Gellert has no idea about the poverty we are in. And Bathilda is rich. She invites us for Christmas every year.
"I guess you'll be meeting my family then. Bathilda comes over all the time and we go to her house for Christmas, Boxing day and New year's eve." I say.
"That's great isn't it." Gellert exclaims.
"Well... My family are quite poor and well Ariana is sick and Abeforth is well you'll see." I mutter.
"That's not going to make a difference to me." He says.
I look up and see the genuine sincerity in my boyfriend's eyes. He gives me an encouraging smile and my heart melts.

We arrive at Godric's Hollow at lunchtime and both my mother and Bathilda are waiting for us.
"Gellert, Albus. How nice to see you both." Bathilda says greeting us warmly.
My mother gives us a weak smile which I guess is all I'm getting. Gellert gives me a look and a squeeze on the arm. I guess we are going to be talking about that later.
"Come on then boys." Bathilda says leading us into the village.
Gellert looks at me and I nod. As we are walking my mother pulls me aside.
"Ariana destroyed your bedroom during one of her episodes so I have asked Bathilda if you can sleep in Gellert's room for the holiday." She says.
I role my eyes and grunt "Fine."
Trust her to not want me in the house. I know me and Abe argue and if I stay with Bathilda she will feed me and everything which will save money but I wish she appreciated me more.
"Just heard you're staying my room." Gellert says excitedly then winking.
"Gellert we're 14." I say feeling my cheeks heat. It's not like I don't want to but legally we have to wait till we are 16.
"I'm just joking." Gellert replies joking before leaning in. "One day but we'll wait."