Chapter 24

The first week of the new semester went smoothly for the majority of New York University students. Everyone tried their best to adjust to their new classes and figure out what to expect from each one. While it was only the first week, many were already anticipating a busy semester to come.

Isaac felt this, especially with it being his final semester at New York University. He managed to make it through the first week without issue, but that didn't mean he hadn't been feeling the pressure that came along with it. A decent amount of stress had already begun to build inside his chest as a result of being back at school.

That was part of the reason why he invited Lexi to his apartment for dinner Friday night. She had accepted happily, much to his relief. Both of them needed to decompress after starting their final semester at college. Plus, it gave them another chance to spend time together away from their friends.

But there was more to this dinner than he had told Lexi when he initially invited her. He also wanted to bring up the possibility of them living together after graduation. The idea of mentioning it left his hands shaking and his heart pounding. After all, he hadn't brought it up to her since September. He wanted to talk about it again, but he also didn't want to risk ruining what was supposed to be a nice date night. But he couldn't put it off any longer than he already had.

Isaac was in the middle of checking on dinner when he heard a knock at the door. Felipe was hanging out at Nikita's place and DeShawn was studying at the library, giving him the whole apartment to himself. He didn't have to wonder who was waiting for him outside.

"Lexi, hey!" he greeted while hugging her.

"Hey, babe!" she replied with a wide smile. "Nice to see you again."

Isaac let her in, taking her coat off and hanging it up. He looked her over and became speechless. She was wearing white skinny jeans, a black lacey camisole, and a light beige low-cut sweater. Her long, chestnut blonde hair was in loose waves that framed her face perfectly.

"Are you okay?" she asked while taking off her boots and coat.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, I'm good," Isaac said, giving his head a shake. "You look beautiful."

Lexi blushed. "Thank you, babe."

The couple shared a kiss before going to the kitchen. The oven timer went off shortly after they entered, so Isaac pulled out dinner. He rested a large casserole dish on the stovetop.

"What did you make?" Lexi asked.

"Baked chicken alfredo pasta. I made a New Year's resolution to cook more 'cause I don't do it enough. I haven't made this before, so sorry in advance if it's shit."

"It smells really good."

Isaac nodded in agreement. The dish looked appetizing and smelled amazing too. He dished out dinner before leading Lexi into the living room. He had turned the coffee table into a makeshift dining table, even adding a small electric candle in the middle. Two pillows that usually sat on the couch sat on the ground as their chairs.

"Thank you for doing this," Lexi said as she sat down with her food.

"You're welcome, babe," Isaac replied. "I hope you enjoy it."

Lexi took a bite and grinned with a mouthful of food. "It's hot but really good! Great job."

"Thanks," Isaac said before taking a bite and grinning.

The couple continued to eat while chatting about their respective winter breaks. Neither had been up to anything crazy during that time, but it was nice to catch up on what they had been doing while away from college. Isaac talked about working at Hollister and celebrating the holidays with his family. Lexi shared how her family hosted Christmas this year, and how nice it was to catch up with so many of her relatives.