"Let's do dinner at Jenny's for 5:30 PM," Lexi had suggested the day before. "And then after that...whatever happens, happens."

"That works for me," Isaac had replied. "Wear something sexy too, okay?"

Now that she was back in her apartment after getting off work, Lexi scanned her closet for that "something sexy" for tonight's anniversary dinner. While she wanted to wear such an outfit, she still had to keep in mind that the frigid winter weather had hit New York City earlier than anyone wished. Several feet of snow covered the city and the temperature had plummeted to beyond icy cold. She wanted to wear something sexy, but she also didn't want to freeze her ass off in the name of making her boyfriend happy.

Lexi eventually settled on her favourite black jeans and a bright red V-neck cable knit sweater. The style of her sweater helped show off just a hint of cleavage. It was perfect for tonight's date.

Once she finished sorting out her outfit, she turned her attention to her hair and makeup. She had already showered this morning and had only put on the tiniest bit of makeup. She added some more to freshen up her face and help her to appear awake.

I don't think Isaac will care too much about how my hair or makeup looks, Lexi thought as she brushed her wavy hair. He'll be too happy to see me to even care.

Despite thinking this, she still wanted to leave him impressed and happy to call her his girlfriend. She opted to wear a bright red lacey bra and panties underneath tonight's outfit— his favourite. It matched her sweater perfectly and gave her an extra shot of confidence.

Lexi glanced at her phone for the time— it was just before five o'clock. She left the apartment after bidding Nikita goodbye to make the journey to Jenny's.

It was quarter after five when Lexi arrived at the diner to find Isaac already waiting for her. She paused from a distance to take in his appearance. His puffy navy blue jacket covered most of his frame, but he still looked as handsome as ever. His hair was in short neat waves that were tame, most likely with the help of pomade. While Lexi liked his hair neat or messy, something about seeing it looking nice caused her to smirk.

I can't wait to mess it up tonight, she thought before hustling over to him.

"Hey!" Isaac greeted before hugging Lexi tight.

"Nice to see you again," she said while returning the hug.

The couple raced inside Jenny's to get away from the biting cold. They were seated at a booth within a few minutes of them entering.

"It always feels so nostalgic to be back here," Lexi remarked once she took her coat off and hung it up. "I love it."

"So do I," Isaac replied with a warm smile, his coat also off. "You look beautiful, by the way."

Lexi blushed. "Thanks, babe. You look really handsome too."

"Oh, thank you," Isaac said while blushing also. He had on a navy sweater and dark blue jeans.

The couple laughed just as their server arrived to take their order.

"So," Lexi said once their server left, "we've officially been together for two years."

Isaac sighed in disbelief. "Can you believe it?"

"I certainly can. I'm so happy, babe."

"I know things haven't always been easy between us, but I'm so, so happy that we're together. I love you so much, Lexi."

"I love you too, Isaac. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me."

Isaac blushed even more. "Lexi...I'm so happy to hear you say that."