This is fucking crazy, she thought as she strolled back to her lecture before break ended. How the fuck am I supposed to focus on anything but tomorrow's meeting?!

She sat in her seat and tried to follow the rest of the lecture, but that proved to be harder than expected. But it had to be done. Even with the exciting meeting coming up, her studies were still incredibly important.

***

Lexi was still something of an emotional mess as she showered and got ready on that fateful Friday morning. She decided against comfy clothes in favour of a nicer outfit. She didn't want to dress super formally, but she also didn't want to look like a slob either.

She eventually settled on black trousers, a white long-sleeved button-up blouse, and a pair of black pointed-toe flats. She also applied a neutral face of makeup and her long hair was in loose curls. She made sure her purse was ready before leaving her apartment to take an Uber to Write House Agency.

About a half-hour later, Lexi arrived at a massive office building that was home to several other businesses. She took a deep breath before entering the building and getting into the elevator. She punched in the correct level, her heart in her throat the whole time.

Holy fuck, I can't believe this is happening, she thought. God, I hope the rug doesn't get pulled out from under me. FUCK, why did I have to go and think that???? Now I'm gonna be a big fucking mess.

Once she reached her floor, she sauntered to Write House Agency's office and entered quietly. A middle-aged woman sat at a short black desk. She glanced up from the screen of her large iMac with a grin.

"Hi, are you hear to meet with someone?" she asked.

Lexi nodded. "I have a meeting at 10:30 AM with Mandy Hall."

"Oh, perfect! You're a few minutes early, so grab a seat and I'll see if she's ready."

"Great, thank you."

The woman left as Lexi took a seat on a black couch that sat across from the receptionist's desk. She let her eyes wander around the small reception area. A couple of doors were closed, presumably the offices of other employees. Various green plants sat around the room to breathe life in the black-and-white office.

Just stay calm, Lexi thought. Everything's gonna be fine.

"Hi, Alexandra!"

Lexi stood up to take in the woman in front of her. She stood a little taller than her, but not by much. Her long light blonde hair was in loose waves. Her bright blue eyes were fixated on Lexi, but she had a warm smile that seemed to invite Lexi in and calm her down. She appeared to be a few years older and carried herself with both confidence and class.

"You must be Mandy. It's so nice to meet you! Feel free to call me Lexi, by the way."

"Gladly! Please follow me."

A few minutes later, Lexi entered Mandy's small office. The first thing that struck Lexi was all the pink inside. Mandy's office desk, office chair, floor rug, and many other items were various shades of pink. The few pieces of art that hung on the wall were also pink or otherwise girly in style. Even her light pink iMac matched her office's aesthetic perfectly.

"I love your office," Lexi remarked in awe.

"Aww, thanks! I love it," Mandy gushed. "Take a seat here."

Lexi sat in the seat pointed out to her— a fuzzy light pink chair with stainless steel legs. She set her purse down on the ground and swallowed hard.

"Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to come here," Mandy started. "I'm assuming you live close to NYU since you're going there, correct?"