Isaac chuckled. "Sounds like you could use a distraction."

"Definitely," Lexi said while exhaling. Her nerves were still frayed just thinking about Marcus editing the shit out of her manuscript.

"Well, I was calling to see if you wanted to come stay the night at my place," Isaac explained. "You don't have to—"

"I'd love to," Lexi interjected. "When would you like me to come over?"

Again, Isaac chuckled. "Well, it's...just after two PM now. Is five okay? I need to do a little homework and get some shit organized first."

"That's perfect," Lexi said with a wide smile. "I'll see you in a couple of hours."

The couple exchanged "I love you's" before ending the call shortly after. Lexi took her hair out of the messy ponytail and ran one hand through it. It was a total mess, having not been washed for a few days. Lexi had been getting by with the help of dry shampoo, but even that wasn't cutting it.

I need to freshen up badly, she thought.

She took a hot shower, making sure to wash her hair thoroughly. She even shaved her legs; a task she'd also neglected longer than she cared to admit. By the time she finished her shower, she felt clean and fresh for the first time in a while. She grinned while brushing leave-in conditioner through her long hair.

Satisfied, Lexi left the bathroom to return to her bedroom. She grabbed a large dark grey tote bag and began to pack it for Isaac's place. She picked her favourite nightie to wear to bed— a silky white one with lace trim, as well as a black lacey bra and panties. After spending a considerable amount of time looking for an outfit to wear tomorrow, she settled on dark grey leggings, a black cropped T-shirt, and a dark grey oversized sweatshirt.

Lexi also packed some toiletries such as makeup, skincare products, and her hairbrush. She made sure to slip a half-empty bottle of Chanel Coco Mademoiselle into her tote. She'd had the perfume for years, as it had been a Christmas gift from her mother several years ago. But it was also Isaac's favourite scent on her. He always complimented her on it whenever she wore the floral fragrance. It was perfect for tonight.

She zipped up her tote bag once she'd finished packing before focusing on what to wear tonight. Lexi couldn't help but smirk; she wanted to make Isaac happy that she was his girlfriend. So, she decided to put on a bright red lacey bra with matching panties. While no one could see it (for now), it gave her that extra boost of confidence that she wanted. She then put on a dark grey cropped T-Shirt, black leggings, and a bright red oversized sweatshirt. It wasn't all that cold out, but it wasn't as hot as it had been when she'd arrived in New York City back in August. Fall was here, and it was here to stay. The last thing she wanted was to get cold while walking to Isaac's.

As Lexi changed into tonight's outfit, she heard the front door open and close. Nikita was now home from class. Lexi fixed her hair and made sure her outfit was clean and looked nice. She smiled at the mirror before grabbing her phone, keys, and tote bag.

She exited her bedroom to find Nikita in the kitchen, looking in the refrigerator. Nikita looked up to see her roommate all ready to go out. She smirked in response.

"Let me guess— you're going to Isaac's?"

Lexi nodded. "I figured you wouldn't mind."

"I don't," Nikita said before laughing. "Sorry, it's just...I invited Felipe to come over in a bit. I meant to tell you, but I forgot. Sorry."

"Oh, it's fine," Lexi replied. "I'll be staying over at Isaac's, so don't wait up. Also...I'll clean the apartment this weekend. I promise."

Nikita nodded and bit her lip. "I'll help."