~22~

Steve just stared at the letter for 5 seconds and started reading it.

"Hey, Steve,

You're right, your books are special. I lied because I knew that if I have published your books, I'd lose you as an assistant and you are my favorite assistant that I ever had...you have an extraordinary fantasy, Steve. And I'll make sure that I'll buy these before I leave.

But this is not really what I want to tell you in this letter...I want to tell you that for the past few days, you and your family have made me remember what love is, and what it is like to have a family again, and I'm thankful for that. I'll try to fix my fading relationship with Yelena and the others because I don't want to lose them. I also saw who you really are. You are a very loyal, brave, wise, smart, amazing, and handsome man that I have ever met. It's unexpecting for me to see you as a friend now that I got to know you more but... the most unexpected thing is that I have fallen in love with you. I have fallen in love with who you are, Steve. I have fallen in love with your humor, personality, and everything about you, I don't care what your father thinks of you, don't listen to him, and don't stop being who you are. I did what I did earlier because I couldn't handle the guilt anymore, you and your family are very precious people, and I just couldn't do it anymore, the fact that we're lying to your family about this whole thing. Now that I'm gone, I hope that your life will get better, I'm probably one of the things that made your life worse. Have an amazing life, you deserve it.

I love you, Steve, I'm really sorry, again.

-Natasha"

Steve fights his tears, he wishes that he could've stopped her, that he could've chased her sooner so that she will still be by his side until now.

The door opened and he folded the paper, he looks at the doorway to see Sharon.

"Well, that was crazy..." she said, doesn't know what to say.

"Yeah..." Steve said in a low voice as he looks at the letter again.

"You okay?" Sharon asked, trying to comfort him.

"Mhm, Yeah...uh no," Steve answered.

"I just feel like...You know what the problem is?" Steve asked her.

"What?" She asked him.

"The problem is that this woman," Steve said pointing at the letter.

"Is such a gigantic pain in my ass," he said, Sharon raised an eyebrow.

"The first thing is that, there's a whole leaving thing, and I understand that," he said.

"It's a sham wedding, it's stressful," he continued.

"But then she goes ahead and leaves this notebecause she doesn't have the decency, the humanity to tell this right to my face," He said.

Sharon just watches him talks. She knows that he's just so upset about her leaving him, and she understands that because of course, who wouldn't be so upset when the person you love just leaves you?

"More than three years! Three years I work with this...this terrorist!" Steve exclaimed.

"Steve," Sharon called him, trying calm him down but Steve kept on going.

"Not even once she said a nice thing!" Okay, that is a half lie and truth.

"And then she goes ahead and writes this crap!" He continued, as he crumpled the paper and threw it across the room.

"Steve," she called him again.

"AND THEN THAT GUY MATT DUDE IS PROBABLY TRYING TO GET BACK WITH HER!" He shouted.

"Steve," she called him again.

Steve looks at her, "I'm sorry...I'm just so upset with everything that happened earlier, and she makes me a little crazy," he said.

The truth is, he's just sad that Natasha really did left him.

"I can see that," Sharon said. "So, are you just gonna let her go?" Sharon asked him.

"It's probably too late," he said.

"Well, she may be still at the airport, you can try and catch her," Sharon suggested.

Steve nodded and rushed out of he house.

Meanwhile...

*At the boat*

"So, what are we going go do now?" Yelena asked.

"Fly back to New York, pack my stuff and go back home to Canada," Natasha answered, just looking at the view.

They all know that Natasha is still upset about the whole thing but they don't know how to comfort her.

"You know...There are also other guys in the world that you may love, if that's what you're upset about," Yelena said.

Natasha sighed, "I may find someone that I will love but I will never love them as much as I love Steve," Natasha thought.