"Are you allowed to be telling me all this?"

"Who cares?" She rubbed her temple. "I don't know what to do."

"Accept his help, it's the only rational thing to do."

"Is it?"

"Did you really mean it when you said you don't trust your own eyes?"

The girl looked at her reflection. "I know I'm not crazy, I have a decent memory most of the time," she stared into her purple eyes, the slitted pupils widening slightly. "But I've changed... I'm not sure I know myself enough to trust my judgment."

"I think you've done a decent job handling your life so far," Harley replied. 

"I've been dying to get a mission for months and now I have this, and I should be glad, but it's so... outlandish."

"Really? You're friends with a mutant that's covered in blue fur. You can shapeshift— you traveled through time!"

"Oh God," Cat said grumpily, "you're right. You're absolutely right."

"So what's the problem?"

"If this is real, and I have to ask for help," she grimaced, "I'll have to call him."

"Him?"

"Spider-man."

"Why's that?"

"Every powerful hero is out— and I won't drag Wanda into this!"

"What about Kurt?"

"A teleporting mutant can't do much against a giant made of fire."

"And Spider-man has a chance?"

"Spider-man's got something the others don't," she replied, "or he's about to, anyway."

"What is it?"

"Tony left an A.I. for him too, but it's different from mine," Cat explained, "Mouse is only an assistant, it has limits. Spidey's got access to all the fun toys."

"Well, then you're fucked."

"I know."

Harley sighed. "If he's a good hero, he'll help without bringing personal matters to the table. You have nothing to worry about."

"I have one big thing to worry about, Harley," she looked away from the mirror, "he's only a kid."

***

"I'll call you if things get complicated."

"Would love to know what you consider complicated," Beck crossed his arms.

"If it looks like I'm about to die, then don't let it happen," she replied sarcastically.

Cat flew and shot at the giant with her sonic repulsor. The creature began to squirm away, but this only disoriented it for a while, she needed to think of something else. The creature swirled away and punched a building.

"Crap, crap, crap," she hissed, "not the people!"

She couldn't contain the monster's strength with her tech. Cat stopped using it and switched to Wanda's powers, she hadn't used them in a while, so it took her a moment to get used to them. The agent lifted a small boat and threw it.

"Get it away from the water!" Quentin told her through the coms. 

"How the fuck do I get him out if he is water?" She growled.

The giant directed itself to the bridge, many people were still standing there. She tried to pull it back, but she wasn't as strong as Wanda, her powers worked better when the hero she'd stolen the abilities from was nearby. She was doing a decent job nonetheless and decided to try and lift the creature away from the water. She spotted a young man evacuating the civilians.

"Peter!"

The monster fell with a thunderous splash, since her eyes were no longer protected the water got in them, but Quentin flew in and covered her.

"I thought it was time to get involved."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," she blinked rapidly and moved away from him, "just help me kill this thing!"

Cat looked back to the bridge expecting to see her ex-boyfriend, but there was no one there. She wondered if the stress of the situation was doing things to her mind.

"Excuse me, Sir!"

Alright, she wasn't crazy yet.

"I can help! Let me help!" Peter shouted. "I'm really strong and I'm sticky!"

He was wearing a strange carnival mask, and he didn't seem to notice her at first.

"We need to lead him away from the canals!" Quentin exclaimed. "Help my partner!"

"I'm not your partner!"

Peter's eyes moved towards her, his posture changed a little.

"C!?"

She just gave him a look, flying away without speaking. Peter stopped the buildings from falling while she and Quentin drove the water monster deeper into town. As she flew past she spotted more of her old classmates. 

"What kind of high school reunion is this..."

"A little help here!" Peter shouted.

She saw Peter struggling to keep the church's tower upright, Cat used Wanda's powers and moved it back to place, while she did it Peter secured it with web fluid. Quentin kept shooting at the creature, and it seemed that whatever he was doing, it was working. Suddenly, it split in half, and the water sprayed down gently. She landed next to Beck, ignoring Peter entirely.

"Those kids should not be here," she said quietly, nodding at the teens cheering at them.

"It's alright," Quentin patted her shoulder, "danger's over... for now."

The man waved at her old classmates and flew away, she glanced at the group one last time before following his example.