Dark harsh vines with needle sharp thorns started to snake their way across the floor and walls surrounding me, tangling themselves up into threatening deathly knots.

Outside the building, the thunderstorm was worsening and lightning continued to dart across the cloudy night sky.

Tyrenchal rain and wind blew open all of the windows and doors, making the elves and yeti frantically run to shut them before too much water flooded into the workshop. But the wind was so strong most of the tables, chairs and elves were blown off their feet and across the room or up into the air.

'WHY DID YOU LIE?!' I yelled over the chaos I was creating around me.

'Romanna, you need to calm down.' Jack shouted while attempting to walk closer to me, but was forced back by the hazardous vines. Now is the time he wished he had shoes on his feet.

'Would you have really believed me if I told you I was Cupid? Romie, think about it. You are overeating and I didn't lie to you, I never have. All I did was keep a little part of myself a secret. Kinda like what you've done with your powers. Romanna, you did the exact same thing so don't get mad at me.' He said calmly while crossing his arms in a parental like fashion.

The truth in his words hit me hard and immediately the storm and rain I had created stopped. The thorny vines withered and turned into dust that blew away with residing wind. There was dead since in the workshop and all eyes were on me, again.

Less then a second later my Spring dress vanished in a puff of glowing sparkles, revealing my natural form in the outfit Jack picked out the night before.

'I'm sorry..... I-I.... I'm just so sorry. I didn't mean to lose control like that.' I cried while burying my face into my hands. I felt two arms wrap around my body, pulling me into comforting hug. Looking up, I had expected to see Jack but instead I saw Cupid.

'W-what are you-' I started to speak but stopped when he gently pressed my head against his chest while stroking the back of my untied hair, shhing me silent.

'What did you expect me to do Romie? Just stand there and watch my oldest daughter get upset about something I did. What kind of father am I if I can't do something as simple as comfort you. I love you and no matter what you do I will still love you.' He said while brushing my fringe behind my ears and wiping away and remaining tears.

'You really think of me as your daughta? Y-you really love me?' I asked while pulling away and taking a few steps back from him.

'Of course I do! Romie, what a silly question to ask me! I'm your dad whether you call me dad or not.' He replied while smiling down at me, his large white feathered wings neatly folded against his back.

'You knew 'bout my powas? How?' I asked while receiving a clingy hug from Jack. Cupid rolled his eyes at Jack's territorial behavior and continued to smile at me.

'I've known you were a supernatural from the first time I met you.' He said while waiting for me to ask the obvious question.

'What's a supernatural?' I asked while glancing up at Jack. Judging by the look on his face, I don't think he knew either. I've heard that word being used a few times but I never understood what it meant.

'A supernatural is what we immortal guardians like to call mortal humans with magic, supernatural powers or appearances, like pointy elf ears, wings, scales or fins.

Because they are a random and a rare genetic occurrence among average humans, normally supernatural children are found when they are babies and removed from their not supernatural birth parents. That way they can be taken to special magic villages or camps where they can happily grow up with other supernatural children without having to hide their unique gifts.