Chapter 22: Forbidden Mushroom

Start from the beginning

"U-ugh...I-I...I can't—breathe!" You managed to say out loud. You felt like your bones were about to be crushed into dust by how strong his hug was.

"I love you my bros, my sunshines, my compadres." He squealed happily as if he hadn't fallen off the balcony.

Ayato's face was squished into the oni's muscular chest. You found it amusing how he didn't struggle to get away from Itto's embrace.

"I didn't know my lord had a thing for getting face-squished into someone's boobs," you smirked.

"Why you—Mmph!"

"These aren't boobs—" Itto stated as he released Ayato and you from his grip, "These...these are pectorals." He stood up straight, showing off his large muscular 'pectorals'.

"Oh really?" You murmured as you innocently smiled as you raised your hand.

"Yes really! Oi—!"

~~KAPOW~~

"AH! MY BOOBS!" Itto shouted, dramatically holding his pectorals. "Ah! Wait no-I mean my boobs-no-errr pectorals, yeah pectorals."

"Once Itto learns a fancy word, he'll stick to it," Ayato exclaimed as he amusingly watched you and Itto bicker around.

"Ayato, my bro, my guy, my dude, MY BESTIE! You're on my side right? Your vicious wife is abusing me, surely you'll DEFEND...THE BEST ONI IN TEYVAT who's also your bestie who's also the best lucky oni in town that is famous for his lucky— "

As Itto kept rambling about how great of an Oni he is, surely his bro would defend him right?

Before Ayato could say a word, you interrupted him and boldly grabbed his arm, "Why would Ayato be on YOUR side? It's wives before bros."

"Aw come on, don't pull in the wife card."

"Wife card this, bro card that, what about that flower behind Itto?" Ayato chuckled as he pushed the oni to the side, "I suppose the Inazuman saying regarding flying onis seems to be true."

"HA! See I'm lucky!" Itto's bug eyes gazed towards an odd rainbow-colored giant mushroom next to Midnight's Bloom. "Woah, check out that plant!"

While Itto excitedly examined the mushroom, you asked if Ayato was knowledgeable on how to extract honey from a flower.

"Judging from its name, Midnight's Bloom, it'll automatically bloom at midnight while gushing out its golden liquid or so what I presume." Ayato shrugged, taking a quick glimpse at Itto, making sure he wouldn't catch himself in trouble.

Itto suddenly yelled, "MY BROS THIS MUSHROOM LOOKS LIKE MY HUNKABADONKA! IT'S SO LONG AND THICK!"

That's what he said.

"So...remind me once more how you and Itto became friends?" You exhaled as you watched Ayato's face darken with shame and embarrassment.

After taking a good look at the unusual-looking mushroom, you finally understood why Itto compared it to his hunkabadonka.

With the mushroom's unique colors and its strange cap filling its spores with some kind of unfamiliar gas, it began to release its horrendous odor.

The smell so was pungent, it reminded you of rotten eggs but mixed in with hints of baby poo, even a skunk didn't stink that bad.