Chapter 2: The Morning After

Start from the beginning

Much to the enjoyment of Rose who of which was clearly enjoying the scene, was clutching his stomach as such a view aroused his laughter.

He soon met with the tired gaze of his friend. Sapphire meeting sapphire, and a smile was thrown onto each other's faces. A Smile for her, which turned into a blush for him as his gaze was cast to the now scouting dog at the windows. Being her personal lookout. He often wondered if she had trained the dog to do that. A beautiful animal. Warm, loving, obedient creature that did what you wanted it to when you (emotionally) needed it to.

She seemed to see Rose was looking at her baby and just allowed her smile to grow more. The curious boy had come from a town in the center of the mainland just to see her for no other reason. Had slept with her, arms around her, in her own house. Kept her warm and wanted nothing then to see her smile her beautiful smile, see her toothy grin, see her eyes wide in excitement. Made her cringe with glee. It made feeling well up inside of her. It made her happy.

For the first time in a long time, she felt genuine, she felt legitimately loved. She knew he wanted nothing more than to love her unconditionally, to stand by her through war zones and parades, through thick and thin. She knew that even if she had nothing she would have something. She'd have him. In the end. It wasn't everything she wanted, not everything she'd need; but he was enough.

She knew he could become her Gatsby. He just needed to fine out those rusty edges.

She shook her head a little bit ad her eyes adjusted to the rays of bloody transparent flames that ensnared her irises. The Sun's rays were a bitch in the mornings. A hell to all who live in darkness. Rose seemed to think so, too. He'd long since fled from the curtains and let out an angry 'Arrghhhh' as he too suffered from the lazers fatal gaze.

She suddenly changed her features as a look of happiness became a look that literally screamed stern and mock hatred. As if to say (let me just clear my throat): "Close those curtains or I will shove hot coals down your japseye."

Obviously Rose hadn't noticed this as he was too busy. Cuffing a hand over his eyes and letting out guttural gasps of pain before swiftly closing them again. Only then did he turn on his heels and finally catch the death stare. He froze. Knowing his mistake allowed his head to fall and some anime beads of sweat began to form on his brow.

"Sorry bae..." Rose spoke with remorse and seemingly deep sorrow. As if knowing what Rose had done. Murphy punished Rose by giving him a sharp nip on his hand. Cause sing him to retract and hold his hand. Nursing it while giving the woowoo an understanding gaze, the soft clatter of his nails against the floor was echoed against the ground before he rested his head on his mistresses lap who gladly stroked behind his ears.

"Good boy, Murffles."

Suddenly, a thought hit him, it was quite early, but...

"Oh shit"

He spoke with a soft groan of defeat. He came in... and nobody knew he was here. Especially not her parents. He began to look around the room. Going out the he doors he would surely be caught. His brilliant mind began to race. He could do this. There were were a million and one ways out of this... and he could only think of one. However, that's all he needed. He could jump out the window... hopefully not break his legs (Hey, only tryin' ta get out. Never said anything about not getting hurt!).

He looked to the girl now watching him with a gaze that bore into him. She was not amused by his earlier antics especially not after waking up. Nope, the garden hoe ain't a morning person.

Sheepishly giving a grin. He began to speak in an awkward tone.

"Yeah~ sorry about that. I umm..."

She stood up, taking Murphy's head off her lap who began to follow. Her as she stood up.

"You, wee laddie are lucky I want you here." She suddenly embraced the boy tightly. Her head against his chest. She could hear his heart beating which was completely unbeknownst to him, he had no idea, all he knew is it was racing. She was just happy she could make him uncomfortable just from close proximity. However, unaware to the foolish boy, her heart was the same. Beating at the same pace. In the same pattern (Biology Fact: Your heart beats at the same pace as the music you listen to). In her bosom it lay, ticking to his, listening to his hearts song.

Rose interrupted this moment by whispering to her something that she did not want to hear. Then something she hoped she would:

"I have to go now. But 'I'll be back.'"-

She nodded in understanding, a sadness filled her soul but she knew he'd come back. He always kept his promises, or he damn well made an effort. He took a step back, before coming back in tighter than the hug privy. "If I could stay, you know you know I would... wouldn't want to upset the parents..."

She just nodded.

He took the step back again and looked her deep into her eyes before opening her window.

"I love you." Rose spoke, and simple tone, then turned and offered and single smile

She scoffed a bit, her heartstrings had been tugged. It had had been had been a long time anyone had said that to her in person and meant it the way he did. Then uttered back a single sentence that he was used to hearing by now.

"I know" Was her usual response.

He gave off a small laugh and went to clamber out before Murphy bound forward and held onto his leg and gave a small tug as if telling him not to go. Then let go and gave a small whine. Rose looked back and smiled, giving the dog a gentle pet behind the ears.

"I'll be back soon... I promise.

Then he left.

"I love you too..." That was the last word that hung in the air, then she got ready for her day.