"Did he recognize you?"

The sick boy asked, with a foreign and unreadable tone. My averted gaze doesn't move in the slightest as I nod.

"That's all, really. He said he hopes to see you in the next match."

His expression didn't falter as I said this in hopes of fading on to the next topic.

"Well, he better not touch you!"

He threatened the setter not here at the moment. I cursed myself silently for my heart banging mercilessly against my chest at the bold declaration.

If it was another thing, sudden statements like this were one of the reasons I hated loving Yū-kun. Exactly for this embarrassing feeling, and how much impact he has on me from only a few words. It REALLY put me in a weak position under those huge hazel eyes.

"A-And Kiyoko-san, too! Everyone should stay away from you guys! I mean, except for Karasuno! And me! Unless you want me to!"

The libero rambled while grabbing at anything to calm him down in this state.

"I-I get it! Just calm down, Yū-kun!"

I pathetically tried to convince the libero- ironically, as I was trying to soothe my own emotions as well.

"It's no fair! You guys were all together like this...."

Yū-kun groans in frustration and rubs his throat to soothe the pain from talking too much.

"Hey, don't worry. You'll be back on the court in no time at all to play for Karasuno again."

I shifted the tissue box over more towards the volleyball player, who looked just about ready to sneeze at any given moment.

"I'll just have to get better sooner, than..."

Yū-kun heftily sighed and rubbed his red nose.

I idly fished around for a phone in the pocket of the bag on my lap to check the time before deciding to head out.

"Ah, Yū-kun, I have to go back home now to cook. I'm going to put the bento I made on your desk, just in case you want some later."

I got up from the desk chair used to sit myself closer to the bedridden second year, and moved it back to its original spot. I gingerly placed the rectangular box wrapped in a red cloth onto the desk while glancing at the disheveled hair of the libero.

"Thanks for all of this, Kameko-chaaaan."

He lazily sung with a croaky and bitter tone.

"I'll be on my way. Take care of yourself in the meanwhile."

Even when closing the door and saying a final goodbye, I could feel a pair of eyes burning into my back mercilessly. It made me shudder under such a strong gaze, but I couldn't overstay my welcome to find out what it meant.

"Takamatsu-san! I'm going to go now!"

I called out to the beautiful woman peeking out from behind the beige flaps to the kitchen as I slipped on my outdoor shoes.

"Eh? So soon? Well, be safe Kameko-chan. It's getting darker out, get home quickly!"

She gave a radiant smile before returning to her work with her husband, Nishinoya-san.

I opened the door to a dim and dusk sight before me. The sky was indeed clouded with a faint sun set, and the air turned cooler along with the rays disappearing down into the hills.

I huffed and wrapped the flimsy jacket around my waist over my shoulders, in a lazy attempt to cover myself from the chilled winds brushing up against me.