ハンズ Hands

I fell in love on a bus. With a boy's head in my lap.

And if it couldn't get any more romantic than that, why bother with anything else?

I sighed, groggily running my fingers through a mat of thick black hair (this time my own), trying to focus my eyes on the window across from me.

Where was I even supposed to go from here? I fell in love. I didn't- no, couldn't decide either way. It just happened.

I. Fell in love.

What happens next? An immediate confession? Do I ask someone for help? Do I show signs? Maybe wait it out?

My brows knitted tightly as the cliché questions about this new feeling swam through my mind without stop.

I couldn't help but feel like the biggest idiot in the world when it came to this. I had no idea how I was going to go about life normally with this decision hanging over my head like a heavy raincloud. And I'm sure even the best guru in love wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace of questions I asked myself.

What else was I to expect? I took on the responsibility of falling head-over-heels for someone I never expected to associate with in the first place- in fact, how was it ever going to work?

I slightly turned my stiff neck towards Yū-kun, watching silently as he moved about in his seat, stretching a bit before giving a big sigh and returning to his doze.

I turned back and closed my eyes in thought. Most importantly, does he even feel the same way about me? Isn't that the first step towards the relationship I want? It's not like he's ever taken an interest to me in that sense as far as I'm concerned. I've never seen him flustered or jittery, making obvious gestures, even talk about love now in the slightest.

Boy, have romance manga and TV shows failed me. I'm on my own for this one- like trying to find out how to make this 'love' work.

Besides, something like love is such a bother, right? Being unable to ease due to paranoia. If you can gather the courage to extend your hand, that's when it'll be in your reach. Even though I say something like this, I've never been in love before. But, it's surprisingly simple for me to tell when someone likes another- sharp observation skills play a part in them, but not myself. A walking contradiction, perhaps.

The steady flow of my innermost thoughts was disrupted as a loud snore caused me to rip my palm away from the cheek it leaned on, and turn half of my torso to properly face the boy who rampaged through my mind the entire night- to the point where I've literally exhausted all of my energy for this morning.

The libero groaned as he stretched, the blanket supporting him falling off of his thin frame with ease. But, he grabbed it lethargically before it could sink further to the ground, and rubbed the opposite hand over his face in a lazy wake-up call.

I shuffled in my seat, my hands clamping together as my head turned down in anticipation.

"Good mornin', Kameko-chaaan."

Yū-kun's voice sleepily sang as a yawn escaped from his lips. To which I stared at the oddly cute sight with fascination.

"G-good morning."

I returned, not bothering to look the him in the eyes after I thought of that.

Hey, it wasn't so bad for a start. At least I could say something legitimate.

"What time's it?"

Yū-kun asked as he rubbed his eye with a small, closed fist.

"..8:45."