𝓟𝓪𝓻𝓽 𝓣𝔀𝓮𝓷𝓽𝔂 𝓢𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓷

Estelle had never had an afternoon so pure, and filled with laughter. The day she had spent with Lily and Marlene would live in her head for ever, it was truly a core memory.

She rested her head on Marlenes shoulder as the girls looked out at the slowly setting sun. Lily was idly chatting about a project that was coming up in one of their classes, Estelle was only half listening.

They were sitting on a bench a couple blocks away from where the boys they had met earlier were preforming. The fact that they were going was the only reason Marlene hadn't complained about Lily's academic topic of conversation.

Lily paused, and very audibly sighed. "Its nearly 5, and its getting dark. I suppose we should get going." She said, standing up from the bench and adjusting her scarf.

Marlene popped up from her seat with a grin, pulling Estelle up.

"I suppose we should" Marlene said, mimicking Lily's apprehensive tone.

Lily rolled her eyes, linking arms with the two friends and directing them down the street. It was only a 10 minute walk before they reached Jackies.

It was a small late night Café, that was very well lit both inside and out. It had lanterns that glowed a bright orange hue hanging outside the glass door, a door that was centred between two dark wooden walls. Each wall was plastered with different posters for live performances. One in particular that hadn't been weathered by the winter conditions stood out the most.

"The Whiskey Jacks?" Lily said in a seemingly dubious tone.

"I like it." Marlene said, pushing through the door. There was the sound of a soft bell tinkling, and the door shut behind her.

"You sure about this Stella?" Lily asked, picking at her finger nails.

"Yes, we will be careful." Estelle said with a smile, and they followed Marlene inside.

She had found a table and was in the middle of ordering drinks when Estelle and Lily sat down, Marlene had a big smile as she batted her eyelashes as the waitress.

The waitress walked away blushing and Marlene turned to the girls with a grin. "I like London."

"Must you flirt with everyone Marlene?" Lily asked, shaking her head.

"Just the cute ones." She replied with a wink.

The waitress dropped off three mugs of a hot beverage and the lights began to dim. There was a small stage on one side of the room, and quite a few tables all surrounding it.

A young girl who couldn't be very much older than they were came up on stage, followed by three guys. They each took their place on the stage, and small spotlights lit up overhead, casting them all in light.

Estelle could see Nates smiling face as he swung a guitar around his neck, he looked out at the crowd and nodded his head at a table up front. He scanned the other tables, but he wouldn't have been able to see the girls because of the bright lights.

They began to play, and the girl at microphone began to sing.

Estelle took a sip of her drink and furrowed her eyebrows, she stared down at it in confusion.

"What? Do you not like it?" Marlene asked.

"Have you tried it?" Estelle said flatly.

"No?" She said staring down at the glass mug.

"Why?" Lily asked suspiciously.

"Just try it."

Both the girls took a sip from their drinks, and exchanged surprised expressions.