Take Action: The Top 3 Things You Should Prioritize Today

With all of this being said, how do you get started?

What is the most important thing to focus on first?

Here's where to start.

1. Start Working Harder

Get a great job. Show up on time. Be the hardest working man in the room. Start getting some money coming in.

Get your own place. Start standing on your own two feet.

Pay your own bills. Stop depending on other people to support you.

2. Find Your Purpose

Figure out what you want to do with your life.

Stop coasting.

Set at least one long-term goal for yourself, and take it seriously.

Create a roadmap for your life, and start following it.

3. Cut Out Harmful Behaviors, Starting NOW

What behaviors are causing you the most pain and suffering?

Maybe it's drinking. Maybe it's drug use. Maybe your budget is out of control. Maybe you're addicted to sex or pornography.

Maybe you've got a mean streak in you, and you treat other people badly.

Maybe you've got anger issues, and you take them out on everyone else.

Figure out your worst problems, and get help for them.

Pick a fight with the meanest mofo inside of you, and stick with it until you win.

Start knocking your problems out one at a time.

It isn't easy. You may need therapy, 12 steps, some self-help-hell, you may even need religion.

God knows that I wouldn't have survived if I wouldn't have gotten help when I needed it.

All of that is fine. Do whatever it takes to rise above the behaviors that are destroying you, and start replacing them with healthy, positive habits.

And finally, one last note: Don't be afraid to seek help and talk about your problems.

Find trusted men, counselors, therapists, etc. who will listen and help you.

There's no shame in that.