Ningning and Yeji both got up to join them in the kitchen. Winter engaged them in an animated conversation about her banana. Karina stood back and watched, realizing the effect Winter had on people. Winter's smile was contagious.

Karina jumped when the pot started to boiling over, and she quickly turned down the heat so she could add the noodles. Stirring the boiling mixture, she set the timer on the stove. when she turned back around, Winter was right behind her, trying to look over her shoulder.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm making dinner," Karina pointed to the box of macaroni and cheese. Winter clapped her hands together excitedly.

"Yellow," she giggled and held out her fist. Karina rolled her eyes and bumped Winter's fist, causing the smaller girl to make a exploding noise with her mouth and turn around to look at Giselle for approval.

"Look what you've taught her," Karina laughed, raising an eyebrow at Giselle. Winter shuffled over to Yeji and Ningning and held up both of her fists eagerly. The other two girls laughed and bumped them, and Winter continued making exploding noises.

Karina was enjoying this. Normally, she and her roommates spent their time in their bedrooms, or out doing their own thing. it was nice to have some down time with her friends and be able to joke around. she'd missed that. They all got so caught up in their daily lives that sometimes they forgot to check in on each other. Maybe having Winter here was good for them.

Once dinner was ready, Karina scooped even amounts into five bowls and set them on the counter. Winter clapped her hands and picked the yellow bowl, as Karina had suspected she would. the smaller girl happily followed them into the living room, where Winter had assumed her usual position in the middle of the floor.

Giselle, Ningning, and Yeji all purposely took up all the open seats before Karina could. The brown eyed girl glared at them, and they all smiled knowingly. Karina knew exactly what they were up to.

Sighing, Karina sat down on the floor a few feet away from Winter and poked at her food. Winter practically finished her entire bowl before Karina could even take a bite of her own.

"Still hungry?" Karina asked, pointing to Winter's bowl. Winter nodded quickly, and Karina handed the small girl her bowl. She wasn't even hungry in the first place.

"You're welcome," Winter smiled, taking the bowl from Karina. "Thank you, you're welcome," she repeated, taking a bite of the new bowl and smiling innocently. Karina ignored Giselle, who was whispering 'whipped' from behind her.

Throughout dinner, Winter would itch her head occasionally. Karina felt her phone buzz in her pocket, reading the new text in the group chat.

[6:58 - Yeji] she needs a shower

Karina glanced up at Winter and bit her lip.

[6:59 - Giselle] I volunteer Karina.

[6:59 - Karina] I am not giving her a shower!!

Karina turned around and glared at Giselle, who just stuck her tongue out at the older girl.

[7:00 - Yeji] You don't have to. All you have to do is sit in there with her so she doesn't get scared by herself.

[7:00 - Ningning] Giselle and I can take her shopping tomorrow. We don't have class and you know she's going to need regular clothes eventually.

[7:01 - Yeji] that's a good idea

[7:01 - Karina] Fine. I'll do it. But this means that Giselle has to cook for the rest of the week. And do my dishes.