"You don't have to be scared of me, y'know," Karina broke the silence as they were walking back to the car. Winter was walking beside her, looking straight up at the sky and watching the clouds.

"I know," Winter turned to look at Karina. "You are Yooji. You have a big heart," she reached out and knocked on Karina's chest, as if to show her that her heart was there. Karina's breath caught in her throat and all she could do was nod.

Once they reached the apartment, Winter skipped inside and looked around happily. Karina checked the time, realizing they'd been out for longer than she thought. Rushed footsteps came down the stairs and Karina turned around to find Giselle studying them both.

"You found her?" Giselle glanced at Winter, who was sitting on the floor and flipping through one of the magazines from the coffee table. Karina nodded. "What took so long?" The Japanese girl plopped down on the couch.

"Yooji got ice cream," Winter spoke up, smiling widely and holding up the yellow plastic spoon that she'd saved from the store. Giselle raised an eyebrow at Karina and smirked.

"What?" Karina shrugged, sitting down on the couch next to the other girl. She tried to play off the time she spent with Winter as merely something she had to do, but she was starting to realize that she enjoyed the company of the younger girl.

"Nothing," Giselle gave Karina a knowing smirk. The brown eyed girl rolled her eyes, pulling her phone out of her pocket and checking the time. She sat up quickly when she realized she had classes the next day.

"Shit," Karina shook her head, groaning. She was supposed to turn in three sketches for her first class tomorrow. She had finished them all, until Winter got to them with a marker. Giselle raised an eyebrow at her, silently asking for an explanation.

"I have some... homework I need to work on," Karina said, trying not to let Winter know that she had inconvenienced her by ruining her sketchbook. Giselle looked at her questioningly, but didn't say anything, allowing Karina to disappear up the stairs and leave Winter under the Japanese girl's watchful eye.

The rest of Karina's night was spent sprawled out on her bedroom, trying to recreate the sketches she had planned to turn in. After multiple hours of frustrated groans and crumpled up pieces of paper, Karina finally produced three sketches that she considered mediocre, but she was too exhausted to try again. Telling herself they were good enough, she changed into an old shirt to wear to bed.

Just as she was about to turn her light off, a noise in the hallway caught her attention.

"No," Winter's voice rang out. Karina heard footsteps and then her doorknob jiggled, but it stopped moments later.

"My room is this way," Giselle huffed, trying to pull the other girl in the direction of the other door.

"Nooooo," Winter groaned, shaking her head and reaching for Karina's doorknob once more. "Yooji."

"She doesn't want you in her room, Winter," Giselle sighed in frustration.

Unable to listen to their power struggle for any longer, Karina got up from her bed and opened her door slightly.

"Yooji!" Winter smiled widely, wiggling out of Giselle's grip and walking over in front of Karina's door. "Knock knock."

Karina raised an eyebrow. "Who's there?"

Winter stared at her blankly. Karina and Giselle exchanged glances, and the Japanese girl grabbed Winter's wrist, trying to pull her away from Karina's door.

"Nooooooooo," Winter mumbled. She shook her head and tried to pull away.

"Winter, I swear, s—," Giselle started.