The truth is Karina hadn't come out in high school. She'd been outed by the girl standing right in front of them. Winter Kim, also known as the most popular girl at their high school. She was head cheerleader, prom queen, leading role in every school play. You name it, Winter had done it. Everyone knew her name

"Yes," the small girl on the other side of the door nodded once, confirming who it was. When she didn't say anything else, the three roommates exchanged glances.

"I'll wake up Yeji," Ningning said. All three of them knew the oldest girl was the best at being friendly. Karina couldn't believe the girl she hated with every fibre of her being was now standing at the door of her apartment, seemingly oblivious to everything she'd done to her. Giselle and Ningning knew exactly how much Karina resented the small girl. None of them expected to see her again once they left Seoul.

But now here she was, smiling like an idiot and trying to crane her neck to see into their apartment. Karina and Giselle looked at one another, stepping aside when Ningning and Yeji came back over to the doorway. Yeji still appeared to be half asleep, but she quickly snapped out of her daze when she saw the other girl at the doorway.

"What?" She asked, looking at Winter and then back at her roommates. "What's going on?" Karina shrugged, and Giselle and Ningning raised their eyebrows, as if to silently say they were just as confused as she was.

"Was there something you needed?" Yeji asked, turning back to Winter, who still stood in the doorway with a smile on her face. Karina found it quite weird.

"Oh, yeah, that," the smaller girl giggled and pursed her lips for a moment. "I need a bed." She slipped past Yeji and into the apartment, standing in the middle of the giant room and spinning in a circle to take it all in. "Do you have one of those?"

Giselle closed the door, shooting Karina a questioning look. All four girls turned to one another, keeping an eye on their old classmate.

"What the hell?" Karina was the first to speak up, keeping her voice low so Winter couldn't hear her. Winter seemed to be off in her own little world. She seemed... different. All four girls were confused. It was like she'd become a completely different person.

"Winter?" Yeji spoke again, giving the girls a nod to try and tell them she could handle this. The taller girl walked over to Winter, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Why do you need a bed? Where'd you come from?"

"My house," Winter shrugged. She seemed completely oblivious to the fact that the other girls in the room had all been at the receiving end of her reign of terror in high school. "Do you have a bed? I need one of those."

"Don't you have your own bed?" Yeji asked. She shot the other girls a pleading look, realizing she couldn't handle this on her own. Ningning and Giselle stepped forward but Karina stayed back. She had too much built up resentment for the girl. She'd much rather leave Winter out in the hallway.

"Yeah but I have to walk a long way to get it," Winter walked away from Yeji and walked over to the couch, sitting down and picking up the tv remote. Ningning turned back to Karina and made a face of confusion.

"Don't mess with that," Giselle quickly took the remote from the small girl's hands and set it on the coffee table. "Winter, you need to go home," the Japanese girl adopted a serious tone, standing directly in front of Winter and crossing her arms over her chest. After Winter outed Karina, Giselle had become increasingly protective of the brown-eyed girl. She didn't know why Winter was back, and she didn't care to find out.

"But we're friends," Winter pouted, looking up at Giselle with pleading eyes. She pursed her lips in thought for a moment before raising her finger in the air, as if she'd come across a type of revelation. "Remember? We had chemistry together!"