Chapter Six- THEY WHAT!

{ Zayn's POV }

"THEY WHAT!"

   Yup. That was my wake up call for the day. I was sleeping sound fully when a shriek vibrated through the walls. It was the queen of course. Realizing I would not be able to fall back asleep, I got up.

   Now, at breakfast, the queen was having a rant. Where as I, just wanted to eat my pancakes in peace. "I can not believe this. I just can't. How dare they? I need extra security around here or else heads will roll."

   To make her point more dramatic she stabbed a grape that was on her plate with a knife. Many, including me, winced at the gesture.

   Apparently, last night the village was saved by some secret do-gooders. During the night someone gave back the money that was supposed to go to the queen from taxes. Now, while the village people rejoiced, we had to listen to the queen yell her head off.

   To be honest I didn't like it either. With every word the queen said I got more ticked off. At the people and the queen. Then it clicked.

   (A) The gold was taken by bandits. (B) The bandits are the only people who could have said gold. (C) They must've returned it. For reasons, I'm not sure. And (D) I have a feeling I know the culprit.

"Ahem," I said to get her attention. "I believe I know who did this."

"You do?" one of the queens officials said.

"Well it's quite obvious. The money was taken by thieves, so they are the only ones who must have it. These thieves are the only ones who could have given it back."

"Do you think they are the same people who mugged us and raided the party?" Liam asked.

   I smirked. "I don't think. I know. It's The Midnight Bandits."

"What do you suspect we do then?" someone asked, as if questioning if I really had a plan. Which I did.

"I say I lead a small army into the woods, where I believe the thieves are hiding. They always attack first, so we can seem like a group traveling but we actually plan on infiltrating them. We'll bring them in for punishment," I said with authority. I even pounded my fist on the table for effect.

"How do we know you won't fail? We've never been able to capture them before."

"Ah but this time we'll be ready. The other attacks were surprises, but this time. We'll. Be. Ready."

   I noticed the queen hadn't said anything yet. Everyone turned to her in suspense. "I suppose that's good plan," she lazily said.

   Everyone started discussing the plan. It was decided that I will led a group of 14 men (15 including me) into the woods. I suspected their hideout was about two miles into the woods, so the trek wouldn't take long. We were to capture them and bring them back to the castle to be punished.

   Smirking at our brilliant plan, I walked towards the door to get ready. Then the queen stopped me, a fiery look in her eyes. "Do not fail me, Mr. Malik."

   I walked away without another word. This made me worry. I hadn't been able to defeat blondie before, what makes me think I will this time? I shook my head. No use thinking like that, I thought. I just need to focus. I was slightly giddy. I'll get to see him again. Niall looked beautiful in his suit the night of the party. Her blonde hair seemed to pop out his black suit. And the way her blue eyes contrasted with the gold mask-

"ZAYN!" I was snapped out of my reverie when Liam yelled my name. "Look I know you're excited, but can you at least pay attention?"

"Yes, yes," I waved my hand.