Chapter 23 Life

Tony stark walked down the hall a mischievous grin on his face. "Oooooh Tawny" he called in a sing song tone. "Where aaaare you?"

He heard a giggle from around the corner followed by little feet scurrying away. Laughing he ran after the fleeing girl. He ran into the office to find Pepper, her belly quite round at this point, sitting as if nothing was happening at the desk. "Can I help you Mr. Stark?" She asked teasingly the corners of her moth twitching.

"Well dear I think maybe you can," Tony replied eyes narrowing as he advanced towards her. "You see it seems we have a thief in the tower. Somebody ate all my cookies!" He said as he rolled Pepper in her chair away from the desk and scooped a now squirming little girl out from her hiding spot below it.

"It wasn't me! It wasn't me!" She squealed as he tickled her.

Tony paused mid tickle, "oh? Are you sure?" The girl nodded vigorously. "Alright then care to tell me who it was?"

Tawny glance up at Pepper before looking away, "I ummm don't know?" She attempted.

"Hmmmmm now why don't I believe that?" He said stalking closer towards Pepper. He kissed her gently before pulling back a satisfied smirk on his face. "Ahhh the cookie thief..." Tony feigned a wounded expression, "now why would you steal my cookies Pep?"

"The baby wanted them." Pepper instantly replied.

Tony and Tawny shared a look, "I'm not sure it was really the baby..." She whispered loudly.

"Hear that Pep we don't think it was the baby." Tony agreed indicating himself and Tawny.

"Oh what would you know." Pepper said laughing, "besides I think Tawny's on my side."

"How so?"

"Because as you've so aptly pointed out, I have the cookies." Pepper replied holding up the last cookie with a smile.

"Whelp I'm out sorry dad." Tawny said squirming out of his arms to grab the cookie.

"What!? My own kid I'm wounded!"

"Sir a Jemma Grant is here to see you." Jarvis announced suddenly.

"Send her up Jarvis."

Jemma Grant strolled confidently out of the elevator and into The living area. "Tony it's been too long!" She squealed wrapping her arms around his neck.

Tony cleared his throat awkwardly unwinding her arms from their hold on him. "Uh hi Jenna."

"Jemma"

"Jemma right," Tony turned to glare at his daughter who was giggling at his discomfort. "so you uh you brought the test yourself then."

"Test?" She asked confused clearly not having believed his reasoning behind calling her.

"The placement test...for my daughter, Tawny."

"Daughter?" She questioned peaking around Tony. "Oh, oh my ok...well I.. She trailed off searching frantically in her briefcase "oh good. Here yes of course I have it here. Where you want to take this angel?" She cooed at Tawny in a patronizing tone.

Tawny and Pepper shared a mocking look before Tawny lead the woman to the counter.

"Sooooo that woman's an educator?" Pepper whispered snickering.

"Shut up Pep." Tony replied trying hard not to join her laughter.

"I really think we've made the right choice in hiring someone to teach Tawny." Pepper replied walking from the room laughing.

"Ok so your daughter's extremely bright way above her grade level" Jemma told him after checking the test. "Her reading comprehension is off the charts essentially she could read anything and understand it perfectly."

"So your recommendation as far as grade level?"

"Honestly? wherever you feel she'd be capable with her peers."

Tony showed her to the elevator before turning around a large cocky grin on his face. "Knew it my kid's a genius!"

"Is that what she said? Tawny questioned in a shocked tone.

"Well more or less."

"Cool"
__________________________

Soooo yeah only a couple more chapters left and then I'll be wrapping this story up. I'm considering a short sequel revolving around Tawny and her sister at a later age but idk anyone interested?