Chapter 16 Found

Sometime in the night Bruce found the sleeping girl curled up on the top of Stark tower. He shook his head sadly at the hurting child. "You're wrong kiddo," he whispered to her as he carried her to her room, "you are and will be for the rest of your life so very loved. Nobody can or will change that."

He placed her gently on her bed and tucked her in snuggly. "Goodnight kiddo."

_________________________

Tawny found herself safe and warm in her bed the next morning. She lay still staring at the ceiling. "Jarvis what time is it?"

"It is 8:15 miss." The AI answered.

"Thank you Jarvis."

The small girl sat on the edge of her bed, her feet dangling.

"Do you require assistance miss?" Jarvis questioned when she failed to
Move for a while.

"No Jarvis, thank you."

Tawny shuffled her feet as she made her way reluctantly toward the door. When she opened it she was met by Bruce hand raised poised to knock.

"Hey kid," he started, smiling gently, "I figured you weren't up for hanging with everyone after yesterday so thought I'd see if you wanted to go out for a walk with me."

Tawny smiled up at him gratefully, "thanks Bruce!"

They headed down towards the lobby hand in hand.

"Tawny about what you said-" Bruce began.

"I'd really rather not talk about it right now Bruce, please?" Tawny begged.

"Alright kiddo, for now we'll just try to have some fun."

As they entered the lobby bruce began fumbling around in his pockets. "Hey Tawny, we're gonna have to go back up for a bit I don't have my wallet."

"Can I wait down here? Please Bruce?" Tawny pleaded.

"I don't think that's such a good idea.."

"Oh please," she begged, "the elevator makes me feel dizzy I hate it. I promise I'll stay right here."

Bruce studied her for a moment, "you promise you won't leave this spot?"

"Cross my heart." Tawny said solemnly making an X shape across her heart.

"Ok stay put I'll be right back." Bruce said hurrying to the elevator.

Tawny shifted from foot to foot as she waited for Bruce to return.

"Hey sweetie what you doing down here?" Pepper's gentle voice questioned from behind her.

"Me and Bruce are going for a walk but he forgot his wallet."

"So he went back without you?" Pepper asked one perfectly manicured brow raised in question.

"Well I begged the elevator makes me dizzy.." Tawny defended.

"I see," Pepper looked to the front desk where a smartly dressed gentleman stood watching expectantly, "well I have to take care of some important business you stay right here ok?"

"Yes Pepper." the girl replied sweetly.

Tawny was so absorbed in her study of the man Pepper had gone to talk to that she was unaware of the one approaching behind her.

"Don't make a sound." A gruff voice spat, venom lacing every word.

Tawny's eyes widened in fear as she slowly turned to face the menacing figure behind her.

"Hello brat." he growled angrily.

Tawny instantly flinched away.

"Uh uh uh none of that," he berated her, "you're coming with me."

"No." the terrified child whispered.

"Oh yes, yes I think you will. You see I have right here a gun and if you don't leave with me right now, I'll just have to shoot that pretty red head I saw you talking to." He threatened an evil glint in his eye.

Tawny looked with tear filled eyes towards Pepper before quietly walking with the man out of Stark tower. He dug his beefy fingers deep into her small shoulder causing her to wince in pain.

"Why don't you just let me go?" She pleaded terrified, "we both know you don't want me."

"No you're right I don't want you, I've never wanted you." he growled in an annoyed tone, "but you see any fool can see that he does. That makes you, for once in your pathetic life, worth something."

"Who?"

"Tony Stark you nimrod." He growled thumping the girl in the head harshly.

"You're wrong." Tawny whispered sadly.

"Well if I'm wrong I get to finish the job I started the night I buried your momma," he smirked evilly, "but if I'm right he pays out a bundle and you go back a little worse for wear. Win win for me."

Tawny looked back desperately hoping someone had noticed. 'please, please, please someone help me.' she whispered desperately in her mind, tears now streaming unchecked down her cheeks. 'I should have told him, I should have told Tony when I had the chance. I should have stayed with Bruce. Please someone help!'

_________________________

Duh duh duuuuuunnnnnn!!!!!! Lol ok this is an update for all my fantastic readers wishing for one ☺️ I'm soooo SOOO pleased you guys are loving my story. As always I love comments they truly make me smile. And I'll see you in the next chapter 😄