Chapter 8 Fight?

Tawny had been in Stark tower for a week now. Nancy had been discharged two days after her fall and had gone to stay with her daughter in Dallas until her ankle healed. Until she got back Jake was in charge of the coffee shop.

She was walking down the stairs headed for the lab now. In the time Tawny had been there she'd gotten close to Bruce his calm and quiet nature soothed her fears and made her feel safe. It was Bruce she was currently searching for.

"Bruce?" She called as she entered the lab. "You h-here?"

Bruce looked up from the microscope he was studying. "Over here kiddo."

Tawny grinned as she headed his way. "W-Whatcha doin?" she questioned trying to see what he had on the desk.

Bruce smiled at the small child who'd stolen a place in his heart. He wrapped his arm around her gently and lifted her onto the stool to be high enough to peak in the microscope. "What do you see?" He whispered watching a look of utter concentration cross her face.

"Ummmm I'm n-not sure." she replied in an awed tone of voice.

Bruce chuckled, "that's ok I wouldn't expect anyone who hadn't seen it already to recognize it." He told the now puzzled child. "I'm studying the current gamma levels in my blood."

"That's y-your blood?!" Tawny questioned astonished. "B-but it's nothing like an-any blood i-I've ever seen!"

"Oh you've studied blood before?" Bruce asked chuckling at her.

Tawny looked down, "o-once m-my m-mother w-wanted to sh-show me wh-what al-alcohol l-looks like in b-blood."

Bruce couldn't help but note how her stuttering increased when she spoke of her past. "ah I see," Bruce began then, seeing a chance to get a blood sample they could use to figure out exactly who Tawny was, thought of an idea. "would you like to see what your blood looks like compared to mine?"

At first he saw interest on her small face then suspicion surfaced. "Y-you could g-get dna f-from that." she sounded accusing.

"Well yeah..." Bruce began guiltily, "you can get DNA from most parts of your body. Your hair for instance," Bruce reached out to pat her head.

Tawny flinched away staring at Bruce like he'd betrayed her.

"Tawny I wasn't going to do anything, i promise. I care about you, you know that don't you?" He asked sounding slightly hurt.

"Y-you t-tried to tr-trick m-me!" She accused tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

Bruce walked forward hands reaching towards her pleadingly. "Tawny please you need to listen to me."

For a moment he thought she'd listen thought it would be ok but in a flash she bolted through the door.

"Uuuuuugh" Bruce groaned frustrated before heading up the stairs intent on making things right. "Tawny I...." Bruce trailed off when he realized the girl wasn't in her room. "Tawny?!" He said louder with no reply."Jarvis where's Tawny?"

"She is not in the building sir." jarvis answered instantly.

Bruce's heart started beating faster he breathed deeply calming himself, now was not the time to Hulk out. "Jarvis tell Tony that Tawny has run off and isn't in he building assemble everyone in the living room."

"Right away sir."

__________________________

Tony and Pepper were going over some papers from a new requisition stark industries had acquired recently.

"Sir dr. Banner wishes for me to inform you that Tawny has left the building alone and he does not know where to locate her."

Pepper gasped as Tony's head snapped up. "What!?" Tony shouted, "why would she leave what happened!?"

"Dr Banner has requested everyone meet in the living area to begin a search for her." Jarvis replied in his robotic voice.

Pepper and Tony raced from the office towards the living room. The last ones in the room everyone was already talking loudly.

"What the heck happened!?" Tony snapped as he entered the room.

"It was my fault," Bruce admitted guiltily, "I offered to compare her blood to mine thinking I could get a dna sample easily that way and we could figure out more about her. The kid's too clever though she saw right through me and took it as a betrayal. I had no idea she was gonna run or Id have grabbed her."

"Really you had no idea the runaway would run away!?" Tony yelled sarcastically.

"Tony calm down!" Steve said defending Bruce.

"Calm down he thought he could trick the kid and instead she's out their on the streets at night in New York City!!" Tony continued yelling.

"ALRIGHT!" Natasha snapped "yelling and bickering amongst ourselves will not get us anywhere! Tony's right the longer she's out their the more chances for her to get hurt. We need to work together and find her."

Clint nodded his head in agreement, "I'll go to the top of the tower maybe I'll catch a glimpse of her."

Tony sighed in acceptance, "ok Pep you stay here in case she comes back."

"Not gonna happen." Pepper immediately responded, "Jarvis can inform us if she returns right Jarvis?"

"Of course ma'am." the AI replied.

"Ok we're wasting time." Steve, ever the leader, said. "Barton you go to the roof let us know if you get a visual. Tony suit up you and Thor can cover a lot of ground from the air. Me, Natasha, Pepper, and Bruce will split up on the ground. Let's move guys!"

"And what shall I do?" Loki asked annoyed at being forgotten.

"Quite frankly I don't care, search where've you like let's just find her!" Steve snapped.

__________________________

More chapters yay I am loving writing this so much! As always I would love love love some comments and I will see you very soon in the next chapter.