Chapter 4

Growing seedlings 

(Chapter 4)

( Year 1018 day 15/120 , location kingdom of Elenoir )

  Sylvain's awakening was loud but not overly destructive thanks to Phan who brought him to the training ground after sensing the core's closeness to formation.

   Tessia was working harder now , wanting to catch up to her twin brother who already started learning more . 

   Licht chuckled seeing how Alea was creating different berry bushes , letting Sylvain direct his plant type mana into them to make berries grow . 

   His little brother awoke all affinities , also fire was weakest because of the elves overall natural inability to use it . Light affinity was there too , also even weaker than fire . 

    Darian let out a tired sigh as he stared at the results of his hard work . Big brother Lux , as prince allowed younger Triscan to call him , trained the young elf hard and always helped with any magic experiments Darian's brain created as ideas .

    His lack of any affinity but water and ice limited him greatly.  Yet it simultaneously was a great gift . It took less effort to hone single element and deviancy that two or three , or four . 

    -I will surely show you how strong I can be big sis - boy grinned as he threw an ice rose flower onto the water surface of the pond. Spell sealed in ice exploded creating a thin layer of frozen liquid and many similar flowers on top of it together with spiked vines made out of the same water solidified by cold.

   He figured out this trick after many observations of crystal magic and how Lord Isvaar enchanted things . Ice shattered like crystal , so why couldn't he seal an ice spell in it ? 

  Sylvain smiled as he closed his eyes trying to imagine the story that big sister Aya was telling . His body passively was slowly taking in wind and water mana that were surrounding her so tightly . 

  Young Eralith admired his brother's strength and knowledge , also he was a bit less loving towards hunting or journeys as an idea overall . Library , tea with mana fruit jelly juice cubes , cozy warm heater crystal , good book of legends was all he needed to feel calm and pleased. 

    Suddenly he heard a noise . It was Tess , his overactive , annoying sister , trying to catch Phanris again when salamander took a nap on the sunny spot .

    -Nuuu… Phan! Come here! - Sylv let out a groan making Aya chuckle as she closed the book . Salamander flew to them, taking on the smallest form before sliding under the boy's shirt . - brother please let me hold phan…

    -No Tess , he doesn't want to , even without awakening you nearly choked him once with your hug - twin brother spoke opening one eye to glare at his sister . 

      -But… arh ! - she stormed off . Phan let out a huffing sound before his head showed itself from the bottleneck on the shirt. 

    -Too much fuel for motion in this young one … - Phanris said, letting out a sigh . Sylvain simply nodded.  - Can you teach me sound illusions Aya ? - mana beast asked . She smiled softly , gently petting his head . 

    -Sure , you already have the affinity after all… plus our little librarian can see some stories through illusion , as practice - young Eralith smiled as his gaze met salamander's , Phan simply nodded . 

( Year 1019 day 28/120 , location kingdom of Elenoir )

  Feyrith Isvaar the second smiled as he watched his student now teaching his own younger brother about the forge , instruments and materials.