Chapter 2

Twin horns

(Chapter 2)

( Year 1011 day 1/120 , location Ashbern )

   Aya let out a deep sigh . She missed Luxsan and Alea , even if they talked by the communication scroll every now and then but only recently did she understand just how much .

    Each time she looked at few drawings made from memories of them three training , each time she created illusions for herself her heart would go wild .

   Luxsan was shining light , warm and cosy , he never looked at her weird way , he smiled at her teasing jokes , their hunts together was the most peaceful time she knew, only comparable to ones with Alea , or with them both .

    Alea was her only true friend before him . More than a sister , which she always hid deep , especially after seeing that those two got together .

    She noticed Phanris was giving her looks of understanding and sadness , this very smart lizard even comforted her with its warmth and did as told when she was told to not tell them about her feelings . 

    Blade hummed louder and louder , it sliced solid rock like butter again . She let out a deep sigh before turning away and giving earth mage a nod to create more dolls to train with . 

( Year 1011 day 7/120 , location Ashbern )

   Helen Shard let out a sigh. Reynolds Leywin , goofy caring idiot he was , after finding out Alice got pregnant, immediately settled for a simple guard and hunting job in this city. 

   Problem was that two planned to do it at least two or three years later than it actually happened.  

   Now she was the party leader , they had no emitter and one less good augmenter. She herself was one but specialised on long range , usage of bow . 

   They still had Adam and Durden , Jasmine who joined recently was still very young , barely ten years old , dark red core augmenter . Angela put a palm on her shoulder giving her a smile . 

   -We can find good recruits without a group yet don't worry… plus isn't it good to take a break once in a while ? Last few missions went okay - she said . Helen let out a sigh giving her friend a short nod. 

    Door of the building screeched as it opened revealing two figures in masks , neither looked old , one actually seemed very young , near Jasmine's age , another was a bit older than that .

   Lux and Alea walked into the building. There were quite a few people inside , most of the attention the prince paid to a group whose leader was actually a young half elf woman . Her raven black hair was collected into a tight tail with a ribbon of golden colour fitting her irises . Thin red lips curved into a small smile . Her face features were smooth , her body thin with curves not that noticeable  .

   On her was black leather jacket without sleeves , long sleeve grey shirt and tight trousers , black boots , black leather gloves . Luxsan noticed a bow behind her back with a queral too . 

   Using a mana zone he could sense that mostly wind type particles were near her.  Near here were four other humans.

   First was a man , the tallest of all there , definitely over two meters. Messy short black hair and barely noticeable beard , deep teal green eyes , warm smile . Features of his were blocky , he was very muscular . 

  He wore something similar to leather armour in brown and sand beige colours with darker gloves and boots . Large hammer strapped to belts behind his back. His affinity was most likely earth .