Chapter 1

First forged sword

(Chapter 1)

( Year 1008 day 67/120 , location capital of Elenoir )

  Virion hummed as he saw Luxsan practice sound magic under guidance of Aya , who unlocked it after reaching solid orange core stage . Prince and girls were all bright orange with cracks appearing on their cores bit by bit . Their visit to Elenoir' border with Beast Glades proved crucial as three learned hunting and gathering. 

   Lux's explanation of ice magic spread quite a bit . Isvaar and Alea were first to try and actually have reached enough understanding of it to utilize the power . 

   Also the prince taught them another thing. Constant mana consumption , or simply mana attraction as he called it . Sadly Virion and older elves who tried could only do it while putting their mind to it during motion , but girls seemed to be better and learned to do it without need to think about the process . 

   Virion remembered a legend of an elven knight who assimilated ice wyvern will and was the only known ice user in their history before . He chuckled thinking how different his dear grandchild made this generation.

( Year 1010 day 5/120 , location capital of Elenoir )

   Luxsan let out a long sigh . He knew this talk would be a hard one . After first time he read about adventurers he knew this experience would be what he needed to grow , to see how hard attempt of coexistence between human and elves in this world would be . 

   -Dear ? - his mother noticed that he had not touched his dinner . Letting out a sigh he started . 

   -Father , mother , grandfather - Licht spoke calmly - I want to become an adventurer … - there was silence for a few seconds .

    -Son… no , you… even if you find a way to get passage and hide your identity it is far too dangerous - Alduin said firmly - you are too young too…

    -I planned on first reaching eight years of age , forging my first proper weapon , learning more from grandfather … - he gave his father a stirm look .

    -Dear … why do you want it ? You can hunt with Aya and Alea - his mother spoke up after recovering from shock .

    -It is a different experience, mother , as well… i want to understand humans , war is born of misunderstanding , greed and hate… grudges only lead to more pain - Virion hummed before speaking.

    -You are correct , that's how we started our last war against dwarves actually… - grandfather let out a sigh - i will agree but you will get extra hard training from me whole year on… also what about your identity ?

   -I will use hair colouring from plants I can grow using my magic , a voice changing mask was made by Aya and master Isvaar for me a few days ago , sound magic will also create illusion to hide our ears true shape - Lux looked at his father , his expression was the most dark from them four .

    -Son… humans are… - Licht cut him off staring into Alduin's eyes. 

    -Greedy , prideful , cruel … i know father but don't tell we never act alike - Alduin looked away , Virion gave a short nod - I want to see if i can find a few good humans , changes never start big… 

    -Ah… why are you sometimes wiser than your own father ? - king let out a tired chuckle - I guess sending a guard with you is out of the question?

   -Why ? I wouldn't mind , if Alea's parents agree , we can hide our plant magic and go just as earth and water mages - Merial let out a sigh of relief . - But would her parents agree ?

    -I will ask her father , did you ask her? - Virion spoke again . Licht nodded - and?

    -She wanted to see the world too , find new plants for the garden , see beasts we only saw in books - he answered with a smile - I know it all won't be as books tell , but such moments will be there too…

    -Ha… just please be careful , and you will carry a communication scroll each if you both go - prince nodded in silent agreement. 

( Year 1011 day 7/120 , location capital of Elenoir )

   Year passed like a week . Training , forging simple pieces , then weapon whole but only to train .

   Virion helped Luxsan unconsciously to find insight on his light magic.  During another evening story about hunts in beast glades he spoke about a beast whose scales bent light so it would be impossible to see . Replication of the trick took a bit less than a month to master and became his light magic version of mana skin .

   Currently he was looking at his sword.  Guard from dark steel green metal shaped like a four leaf clover bent down into half  sphere . Straight blade with white gem core and silver metal for material covering it except for a few veins closer to cutting edges . Handle from light beige wood with veins of the same colour .

  He was no dwarf to make mana absorbing blade. Enchanting was still hard to understand for him and his control seemed to still be too rough by Aya's examination . 

  So he settled for a crystal that could conduct any mana type he already had . Then he simply let normal mana absorption go , but not through each inch of his body , but only through the sword itself . Effect was similar but not as strong as the demon dweller sword he had in his past lifetime . 

   -Beautiful weapon my prince - Feiryth commented after test of spell absorbing effect was over - Your and lady Alea's masks were sent to the palace … 

    -Thank you for everything master Isvaar - Licht bowed . Man gently ruffled his long silver hair giving him a wide proud smile.

   Alea looked at two masks.  White with green leaf pattern around eyes for her , gray with a small yellow sun symbol for prince Luxsan . Two storage rings laid on the same table near the masks , they looked very simple , just silver circles with blue and green gems respectively. 

   Her father agreed to let her go , also they would call and report each week at least through the communication scroll . 

    Finally Lux flew through the window on his broom . Everyone got used to his weird way of flying , some wind mages even adopting it themselves .

   They both wore similar clothing at the moment , dark gray shirt with dark green leather armour chest piece , shoulder pads and gloves . Black leather boots , fluffy brown cloaks . 

    -Ready ? - Lux asked.  She gave him a nod. Looking at her father Alea smiled before giving him a tight hug .

    -Take good care of mom and little brother , i will bring something good back for sure - he ruffled her hair gently .

     -Just come back safely , that's the best gift for our family… - looking at the prince her father added - i will leave my daughter in your care prince Luxsan…

    -I will do my best to bring her back safely mister Triscan - Lux answered calmly . They put on the rings and masks , prince hiding both of his swords into the storage ring . 

   Her hair now was a deep brown colour. His was pure raven black . Maids walked in carrying backpacks which they both hid into the storage rings as well .

    -Be safe there little sunray - Virion spoke as they walked down the stairs and to the carriage . Queen and king gave their son a tight hug before letting him go. 

   Their way to the city of Ashbern started. It was closest to Elenoir , near their border with Sapin and had the building of the Adventurer guild in it . Which was why it was chosen .